• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

Great job dillo! The lemon drop is an excellent pepper is it not? Had my first taste of a home grown lemon this evening with some grilled chicken. What a taste! Sweet and citrusy to beat the band, and a nice whack to boot. I'm thinking a special 'lemon pepper' hot sauce for chicken and fish will be in order with these (what I don't eat straight off the plant!!)

Looking good dillo! Man if all the pods on that Bhut turn into peppers it's going to be one hot winter in Germany. Man that baby is loaded!

patrick said:
Looking good dillo! Man if all the pods on that Bhut turn into peppers it's going to be one hot winter in Germany. Man that baby is loaded!

The word is "if". That plant has some flower drop. I hope most of them survive.

FiveStar said:
Great job dillo! The lemon drop is an excellent pepper is it not? Had my first taste of a home grown lemon this evening with some grilled chicken. What a taste! Sweet and citrusy to beat the band, and a nice whack to boot. I'm thinking a special 'lemon pepper' hot sauce for chicken and fish will be in order with these (what I don't eat straight off the plant!!)

The Lemon drop is great. I totally agree. Some cream cheese and some slices of Lemon drop on a piece of bread... ...and the powder! Oh that powder!

boutros said:
Lookin good. Wish I had a good rocoto red goin' like that. Any pod set problems or delay of note?

I don't have a comparison. It's my first year of growing. But they carry a load so there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I don't think that's a tabasco. It's supposed to start out as light green. They are too dark and the cap doesn't look right. Also the flower is supposed to be a real light green color, not pure white.
Just trying to be helpful- not difficult.

ABurningMouth said:
I don't think that's a tabasco. It's supposed to start out as light green. They are too dark and the cap doesn't look right. Also the flower is supposed to be a real light green color, not pure white.
Just trying to be helpful- not difficult.

Maybe it's a problem of seed purity. I bought those seeds as "Tabasco". But one of the four plants growing has hanging and longer pods and is far away from looking like "Tabasco". The other three are as shown above.

Edit: That pod was hot and tasty though.

Armadillo said:
Here's today's little harvest: Orange Habanero, Nepali Orange, Aji Pineapple.

IMG_7977.jpg

Edit: I tried a good piece of a Nepali orange pod and cut some pods into some noodles with spinach. Did I lose my heat tolerance or are they THAT hot? Yeehaw! And tasty!

Ah ha! The nepali orange is the tabasco. See how they're turning red? And they're hotter than hell.
I don't think the nepali orange are supposed to be either.
I love playing detective.

Back