• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

ABurningMouth said:
This is trivial, but...
But is the Nepali Orange a Frutescens or Annuum?

Good question. Next question. :lol: Some sources say annuum, some say frutescens. But they all talk about "Polo pipiki" so they seem to talk about the same variety.

Looking very good 'dillo.

I've got a couple of those Spitzpaprika plants going myself. Just wish I could remember where I got the seeds.

patrick said:
Looking very good 'dillo.

I've got a couple of those Spitzpaprika plants going myself. Just wish I could remember where I got the seeds.

I took the seeds from Spitzpaprika bought in a Turkish supermarket here in Friedrichshafen.

hey dillo awesome looking plants again have you tried the tepins a guy at the bar the other day said they were the hottest never tried one before i dont think?

Plants are looking real good, those Spitzpaprika ones are interesting. Your tabasco is hella productive but looks strange to me, the peppers look too dark green and the flowers look too white. My tabascos start off kinda yellowish green and the flowers are green too. Other than that it looks like a tabasco to me though.

Does an awesome pepper by any other name burn as hot? :lol:

As long as they taste good who cares what they're called!:hell:

A guy at a bar doesn't know hot from a hole in the ground. Tepins won't kill ya.
But then again I don't know a tepin from petine or pequin.
Thanks for the photos Dillo.

Noshownate said:
hey dillo awesome looking plants again have you tried the tepins a guy at the bar the other day said they were the hottest never tried one before i dont think?

I have tried one of those more pequin-like looking pods (the seeds for that plant were bought as "Tepin") and it was freaking hot immediately but not as hot as a hab. The more tepin-like looking "Tepins" aren't ripe yet so I haven't tried them until now.
The sources I have read claim between 30000 to 100000 SHU for the Tepin. Habs start around 100000 and go up to around 300000 SHU, a lot more than the Tepin have.

Back from the States I found my plants in a good shape. A friend and neighbor had taken care of them. I will light him up gratefully. And now harvest time has begun.

Cayenne, Chinense, Turkish Pepperoni:
IMG_9147.jpg

Tabasco:
IMG_9148.jpg

Lemon Drop:
IMG_9149.jpg

pequinish "Tepin", at least that's what the seeds were labeled... ...and Rocoto red:
IMG_9150.jpg

These are pods on two of my 7 Pot plants. I received the seeds from PrairieChilihead. Hey Sheldon, I'm about to harvest! Thanx again!

The pods on the first two pics are on a plant in a pot. They are smaller but ripening faster:
IMG_9159.jpg

IMG_9160.jpg

The pods on the third pic grow on a soil based plant. They are bigger, but ripening slower:
IMG_9161.jpg

Good lookin' sevens man. Like that plate of tobascos too. Miss having those this year, love em in chicken noodle soup.

Back