• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

DiY EBB/FLOW

Here a nice cheap little setup.What you will need!!
1-28qt sterilite storage{1846 white)===== $4.00
1-10gal steilite storage container(1810gray/steel)====$4.00
1-bulkhead fitting kit Botanicare===========$6.30
1-ecoplus 185 pump=======$16.00
1ft of 1/2" tubing ========$1.00
And some air tubing==2.00 for 8"

TOTAL=$33.00::P

grow17.jpg
:lol:
grow18c.jpg

dsc03078s.jpg
:hell:
dsc03077t.jpg
I drilled 2 holes and push air tubing in them and hot glue them for a leak free flood tray,need the hole's so there wouldn't be any standing water.:shocked:

Looks good. Are you growing in sure2grow and flexi plug things?

I presume one flood per day is ok at this stage? Have you thought about expanded clay around the net pots? Is this just to get them started before being put into the ground ect?

Lighting?
Nutrients?
Ph?
PPM/ EC/ CF?

Sorry for all the questions, im just intrested.

Good luck, Chris

Toleman said:
Looks good. Are you growing in sure2grow and flexi plug things?

I presume one flood per day is ok at this stage? Have you thought about expanded clay around the net pots? Is this just to get them started before being put into the ground ect?

Lighting?
Nutrients?
Ph?
PPM/ EC/ CF?

Sorry for all the questions, im just intrested.

Good luck, Chris

Lighting=For now 2 27watt cfl(5500k) 1700 lumens per bulb,1-42watt cfl (2700k) 2700 lumens.NOT in pic!!
Nutrients=Pure blend pro grow(3-1.5-4)+Liquid karma
P.H=6.3
ppm=365
And yes those are sure2grow 3"ARROYO,started the seeds in Ready Gro super plugs by Botanicare!
YUP 1 flood per day for now.
Not going to use the expanded clay around the net pot.

wow thats amazing growth. Keep it up.

I'm sick of this compost growing... Hydro is so much easier and faster in every respect.

Chris

Toleman said:
wow thats amazing growth. Keep it up.

I'm sick of this compost growing... Hydro is so much easier and faster in every respect.

Chris

Chris,

I can't share your sentiments. :( With dirt, pumps or air stones don't quit working, the pH doesn't have to be adjusted regularly, the growing medium is good for an entire year...

Tis probably true that a "good" hydro grower will have higher production per sq. ft. than a dirt farmer, but I have nearly 50 years experience in dirt, three years playing in water. :rolleyes: Now I'm trying to learn dirt containers!

Mike

Back