• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

DiY EBB/FLOW

Update!

Well here's some new pic's still under cfl's.
PH-6.2
TDS-750
ts2xc.jpg

ts3g.jpg

In the top pic you can see what happen when the plant leaf get's to close to the light:(

what kind of sure to grow is that i am seeking loose fill stg for my system. How oftem and why do you change your reservoir?
those scorpions are looking great!

Noshownate

what kind of sure to grow is that
grow2.jpg
It's for 3"pots
How oftem and why do you change your reservoir?
About every 10-14 days,I change it out because the plants use up most of the nutes and that way there is a balanced NPK of nutes since it may use more N then p or k.
Hope that help's.

Hey Toasty, that is a great set up. It has me wanting to try hydro as well. The plants look beautiful. Haven't decided what system I will use yet.

Couple of questions though. You say that you are not planning on using the expanded clay pellets around the plants, but what happens when the roots start growing completely out of the net pots and start to fill the tray? Will this damage the roots if they are left out in the light and air? Also, do you have an air stone in the reservoir? Trying to get the basics down before setting up a system.

Thanks! and keep us posted.
jacob

jjs7741
but what happens when the roots start growing completely out of the net pots and start to fill the tray? Will this damage the roots if they are left out in the light and air
It will somewhat but under the cfl's the roots are around 16-18" away so the light is really not that strong the main thing is not to let the root's dry out.
Also, do you have an air stone in the reservoir?
No, but a lot of people do use air stone's in there reservoir.

They been under the 400w hps for about 3 days .Been keeping the P.H around 6.3-6.6 they seem to love the extra light they are getting now.Flood for 15 mins three times a day.

Looks great! I see you have the HPS grow light up and running. Any flowers open yet?

I will be building one of these to house some plants and get my feet wet in hydro due to your insperation. This thread is very helpful.

Keep the updates coming!
jacob

toastynoodles said:
Well here's a few pic's of the plants.:shocked:
nx6c4.jpg

And some roots gone wild!!
4rcins.jpg

:cool:

well IMO there should be no roots showing you might need to water more ... it looks like they are looking for water... and maybe a bigger bucket would be good also... just my 2 cents.. THEY ARE LOOKING REALLY GOOD ALSO ...

Back