• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

DiY EBB/FLOW

I had a 400 hps and 3 plants in almost the same setup as you and I also had a lot of flower drop at first. I was able to resolve the problem by putting the light on a digital timer that had 36 presets. It allowed me to turn on the light 50 minutes and off 10 minutes every hour for 10 hours. I read that the HPS light can get too hot even with the fan for the plant and overheat it causing frequent flower drops. I also only gave them light at night when the temps where a lot lower to help prevent the plant from over heating plus it's cheaper to run the light after 10:00pm. This year i'm going with 2 cool tubes that I picked up for this grow season since the tube is fully enclosed it suppose to remove over 90% of the heat from the light and allow you to get a full 1000 watt hps withing 16" of your plants!

Update!!!!!

First off out of the three plants each one is forming different shape pod's;)Had to raise the light up so the tops didn't get burned.In all i think the plants are doing good.
411101.jpg

411102.jpg

411103.jpg

Ts cutting

And what a surprise this was when i seen it!
tscutting1.jpg

tscutting2.jpg

This cutting took 27 days to root,the longest time of any plant i've took cutting from to root.:shocked:

it is a Sun Hut 48"x33.5"x84"< i don't know the exact dimensions because those on the box are wrong : ).

so far i have only used some slightly ph corrected distilled water on those seedlings.

but i will be using the GH Flora series to re-familiarize myself with it, there seems to be a big movements BACK towards the Flora series from what i have seen, most of the people i personally know that i hold in high regard have either used it always or are back to using it. so : ).

but ya i could take some more pics of my tent once i get my laptop back from hp getting repaired : (.

Well its ripe

Picked my first pod of the year.:onfire:
ripets1.jpg

ripets3.jpg

Got 23 fresh seeds from this pod!
ripets6.jpg

If i let them dry on the coffee filter for 4-6 days at room temp should this be oK????

I usually leave them for 2 weeks myself just to make sure.

Congrats on the first pod! Did you do a taste test?

jacob

Thanks for the input 2 weeks sounds good.As for the taste test I ate a half of a half and went to tears within a few minutes,AS for flavor well i have a cold and it was so dam hot i couldn't think right,every time i inhaled a breath it seemed to just get hotter.

Back