• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Does anyone take a multi-vitamin each day?

I have been wanting to get a good multivitamin again as I used to take the Super Nutrition Opti-Packs years ago and rarely got sick when on them. Found these at Costco for $16.99 per 100 daily packets and the dosages are pretty good and not minimal as so many other vitamins contain.

Vitamin A 3500 I.U. (29% as Beta Carotene) - 70%,
Vitamin C 560 mg - 933%,
Vitamin D 400 I.U - 100%,
Vitamin E 260 I.U. - 867%,
Vitamin K 10 mcg - 13%,
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 51.5 mg - 3433%,
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 51.7 mg - 3041%,
Niacin 70 mg - 350%,
Vitamin B6 53 mg - 2650%,
Folate (Folic Acid) 800 mcg - 200%,
Vitamin B12 80mcg - 1333%,
Biotin 80 mcg - 27%,
Pantothenic Acid 60 mg - 600%,
Calcium 1200 mg - 120%,
Phosphorus 48 mg - 5%,
Iodine 150 mcg - 100%,
Magnesium 100 mg - 25%,
Zinc 15 mg - 100%,
Selenium 20 mcg - 29%,
Copper 2 mg - 100%,
Manganese 3.5 mg - 175%,
Chromium 150 mcg - 125%,
Molybdenum 160 mcg - 213%,
Chloride 72 mg - 2%,
Sodium 5mg - Less than 1%,
Potassium 80 mg - 2%,
Boron 300 mcg - ,
Nickel 5 mcg - ,
Silicon 2 mg - ,
Vanadium 10 mcg - ,
Lutein 275 mcg - ,
Lycopene 300 mcg - ,
Asian Ginseng (Panax) Root Extract 100 mg - .

350-157850-847__1.jpg

Those sound pretty good!I have researched over 500 multi vitamins and the best bang for buck hands down is Source naturals Life Force Mutiple.I only take one(2 is serving size) per day and it runs $27 for a six month supply!It has a ton of herbal supplements in it also.It is very hard to beat.Check it out brother.

I agree with bhut camp - quality product from a quality company.

I take a "Source of Life" multi, made by Nature's Plus.
I've taken them for years (after alot of research), and even if I experiment with other brands, always go back to them!
They're horse pills, but boy do they do the job! :)

Do any research on the absorption rate of that one, Carvin? I am always curious about that particular statistic of multivitamins since my wife used to work for Melaleuca, and their vitamins were formulated to have a 85% absorption rate.

I am as addicted to vitamins and nutrients as I am to Hot Peppers.
My total daily capsules is enough to fill about 2 shot glasses...each one for specific reasons...like I had a basketball injury and tore the meniscus ligament in my right knee....so I take Glucosamine/Chrondroitin & MSM for that and can now walk 4 miles with weights, do kick boxing workouts, etc.
Anyway, I love Swanson vitamins.
In my opionion you can't beat them for the value and quality.
PJ

Thanks guys I will have to do some research as it has been years since I looked into vitamins. I used to study nutrition and bodybuilding pretty heavy back in the day but I am way behind the times with the newest research. ;)

On a side note here is the label on the back of the Opti-packs I used to take.
The U.S Olympic weight lifting team and the Dallas Cowboys strength coach used to recommend these back when I used them.
A pretty impressive amount of some vitamins including 12,500% the RDA of B12 and 10,000% the RDA of Thiamine.
OP-Supp-Facts.gif

Those sound pretty good!I have researched over 500 multi vitamins and the best bang for buck hands down is Source naturals Life Force Mutiple.I only take one(2 is serving size) per day and it runs $27 for a six month supply!It has a ton of herbal supplements in it also.It is very hard to beat.Check it out brother.

Just looked these up and they sound great. Very good reviews on Amazon.com as well. Maybe I will try those in 100 days when these are gone to see if I notice a difference. In a quick comparison the Kirkland ones I have are higher percentages of most ingredients but who is to say if the numbers are true or even if the ingredients are from a good source? It's a tough one sometimes finding truth in supplements and after the research I did years ago I personally feel that 75% of what they sell in the local GNC is a waste of hard earned money.

If you could ever find the true manufacturer of Kirkland's, you'd have something to seriously compare.

Many, many supplements have great %/mgs numbers - but like Hendrix said, that does a body little good if they aren't absorbable.
Most "great value" supps use synthetic ingredients. Even if they did absorb - would you want that?

IMO, researching the company is more valuable than relying on the list of ingredients. And that ain't easy! hahaha

If I recall, Source Naturals uses alot of "whole food sources" for their 'ingredients'. As does Nature's Plus.

Excellent CG!!!!! I don't shop at Costco, so I never thought to look!!!!!

Now that I know.....
I have to say, I've always shied away from Nature's Bounty (too many fillers and additives) - except in emergency situations.
However, back in the day, "Solgar" and "Ester-C" were considered high quality companies....so.....

Well, there you have it I guess! :)

I take Puritan's Pride Green Source 1 caplet with each meal.

"There's a lot of talk today about nutrient-dense "green foods," and our Green Source Caplets are an excellent choice! This concentrated formula contains potent food source nutrients to provide essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids — plus herbs, essential oils and other naturally occurring active food factors. It also provides all the naturally occurring active constituents of whole foods."

http://www.puritan.com/green-food-057/green-source-multi-vitamin-minerals-006222

I used to take the brand Heaven Sent
Sea Essentials and Balanced Essentials

Now taking GNC Ultra Mega Green and Fish oil

16,000% of b12?? Have mercy! No need for coffee.....or sleep!

:lol: When I took the Super Nutrition Opti-Packs I took half in the morning and half at lunch as taking all at once was not recommended because of niacin flush. ;)

Excellent CG!!!!! I don't shop at Costco, so I never thought to look!!!!!

Now that I know.....
I have to say, I've always shied away from Nature's Bounty (too many fillers and additives) - except in emergency situations.
However, back in the day, "Solgar" and "Ester-C" were considered high quality companies....so.....

Well, there you have it I guess! :)

But I still wonder about the source of the vitamins as to whether they are synthetic, etc? :think:
Are the brands listed on the link quality brands?

i take one a day pro edge, and 1 t0 3 fishoil a day, been lagging on it lately though since ive been working and not working out.

Of course. Centrum for Men. Also, any male 45 or over should be taking an 81 mg asprin a day (unless you have ulcers/gastritis).

Now foods ADAM superior men's multi.I only take 1 per day as a top up. I take a bunch of other stuff as well which fits in nicely with this multi

Back