• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

does it make me a...

Little pansy if I don't like beer. Give me almost any liquor straight or mixed or those “bitch beers” like the hard lemonades but I hate beer. A good spiced rum on the rocks or straight or with coke is my favorite but I never met a tequilla, rum, vodka, bourdon, scotch or regular whiskey I didn't like. They're all friends of mine, but nooo beer. Thought bout this as I swiped the wifeys last smirnoff lemonade tonite.

Not at all, I am not partial to beer, though I have drank my fair share of the hopped flavoured beverage, I think the real turn off is with the large brew companies and their flavourless offerings - perhaps if you found a real decent micro brewery you may occasion it once and awhile on a particular hot day with a friend.

I have 2 beers left in my beer fridge and they have to be at least 2 years old by now, I have made my own and prefer it but like you I just have no taste for beer.

Now, brandy that's a different story, to bad for the Remy brandy company that they use a special bottle because I have a whole bunch of them in my garage and use it to bottle my homemade wines.

Oh look, its brandy time...... gotta go!

Burning Colon said:
Not at all, I am not partial to beer, though I have drank my fair share of the hopped flavoured beverage, I think the real turn off is with the large brew companies and their flavourless offerings - perhaps if you found a real decent micro brewery you may occasion it once and awhile on a particular hot day with a friend.

I have 2 beers left in my beer fridge and they have to be at least 2 years old by now, I have made my own and prefer it but like you I just have no taste for beer.

Now, brandy that's a different story, to bad for the Remy brandy company that they use a special bottle because I have a whole bunch of them in my garage and use it to bottle my homemade wines.

Oh look, its brandy time...... gotta go!

Technically Remy is brandy but I would never call it that. Cognac is to brandy what 12 year old Macallen is to Cutty.

i hate beer also..... wow never thought you'd hear that from a Canadian did you?
but im in love with tequila prairie fires so you cant say im a "pansy"

Lol idk? Was drinking with the bossmen and coworkerand it was my round and i ordered cheapest tequilla they had, hot and no salt or lime... My professional beer drinking bossmen passed and said no thanks it goes down and back up when it hits bnt

millworkman said:
im with potawie.

I love me some beer.

Mill, you livin over in Knox oughta put you perdy close to some good shine. Good shine with apples/peaches/raspberries in it goes down like a fine wine, not to mention a built in snack while drinkin. Like I said, I can drink and enjoy some of the burningest liquors around, prefer the good stuff, but you know... but give me a beer and it'll turn me inside out.

I think the whole pansy issue came about though cause only thing I had to wash supper down lastnight was wife's smirnoff lemonade, and it was perdy good. Only beer I can drink, and finish is Guiness.

JustinNC said:
Mill, you livin over in Knox oughta put you perdy close to some good shine. Good shine with apples/peaches/raspberries in it goes down like a fine wine, not to mention a built in snack while drinkin. Like I said, I can drink and enjoy some of the burningest liquors around, prefer the good stuff, but you know... but give me a beer and it'll turn me inside out.

I think the whole pansy issue came about though cause only thing I had to wash supper down lastnight was wife's smirnoff lemonade, and it was perdy good. Only beer I can drink, and finish is Guiness.

You have no idea. There are a few flavors in the cupboard just waiting for their time to shine, ha ha, get it.

lol, they always call it brandy here...raspberry was always my favorite for some reason in shine...although not my favorite to eat. I suppose because you can kind of eat the berries as you drink and double your money so to speak lol

We take a small can of fruit(whatever you want) in heavy syrup and drain off the syrup and mix it in. the fruit is as good sometimes better than the shine. Also cutting whole oranges or lemons and tossing them in makes for some killer shine.

I used to only drink bourbon/scotch on the rocks. A friend got me started on porters, scotch ales and Belgian ales, I rarely drink bourbon now. If you have a specialty beer store in your area You should check it out there is a whole world of amazing beers, try "Gulden Draak". I am holding on to a bottle of Black Butte 21st birthday reserve, its a porter brewed with chocolate beans and coffee added with 20% aged in bourbon barrels. Best after 10/17/10...just a few more months :)

Chewy 'shine? I don't think so Tim. I preferred my booze to be free of chunks. Except for the occasional olive or cocktail onion.

Back