• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dorset Nova Strain World Wide Environmental Evaluation Thread

Today while I was checking out my plants out.I happen to look at my tabasco and then my dorset naga, and I noticed that both there flowers looked alike.So Nova am I jumping the gun to say that my dorset is crossed.I have been looking at naga flowers and they all look white.And my flowers are a tinge green like the tabasco.You know I'm a noobe at all this stuff.What do you think?

Dorset Naga

The tabasco

Hey Justin you might not be mistaken. I sent Boutros some Dorset seeds and he grew out a couple of plants. One of them was crossed with what we believe to be Tabasco, the pods snap off easy just like Tabasco and the pods according to Boutros are hotter than Tabasco but not insane hot.
Me and Neil have about six or so of these on the go now thanks to Boutros kindly sending me some seeds back but it will be next season before they produce anything, i can't wait to try them!

Have a look through this thread and you will find the part about Boutros' discovery ;)

I hope I have one plant that turns out to be 100% dorset naga.Now the waiting game, to see if its really crossed or not.lol.SUPER TABASCO.

I thought that it was weird that Boutros managed to get seeds from a crossed pod, but two people is even weirder. There must have been quite a few crossed pollinated pods on the plant. Sorry to bum you out on the Dorset front but all my seeds are O/P so anything can happen really.

No bums here mate.All THANK YOU'S from me Nova.LoL I would still be playing with Habaneros and jalapenos if you hadn't hooked me up.Thanks a million for all the 7's and everthing.

I hope I have one plant that turns out to be 100% dorset naga.Now the waiting game, to see if its really crossed or not.lol.SUPER TABASCO.

A SUPER TABASCO plant? You can start your own tabasco sauce with that!
Who knows, maybe chilli's will make you rich :)

I always like when we are surprised by weird crosses.

Bleash

Back