• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglahs

Oh boy, Oh boy - the summer douglahs are changing to lovely chocolate brown. I'm so exited :onfire:

First couple are going to my sponsors (you know who you are) Thanks a bunch your one seed finally made it.

THSC - put the dunny-roll in the freezer mate for a bit of movie magic in the next week or 2 :lol:

The little winter ones were pretty extreme, really looking forward to a fully blown summer pod.

woooohooooo

oh yeah i'll get a pic up tomorrow....dam they ugly :hell:

Remember bent.......... we NSW heathens would like a seed or 2 as well :)

cant wait to see pics !

Very exciting stuff mate!

cheers

Has about 20 pods on it at various stages...more flowers too so should get a few around.
It didn't like growing in a pot though - has a large root structure, in fact it almost died a few times until I put a bag of blood & bone into the compost pile & planted it straight in there.

Awww mate thats awsome

Blood and bone hey........ very intersting.

you saw the difference in the 2 devils tongues here......... the one in the pot is 3 times the size and fruit growing....... the one in the ground is stuggling.

but that could be sunlight as well.

Just shows its all down to what the plant wants hey. You really have to watch and love them dont you.

cheers

photo0604gd8.jpg

photo0603yf0.jpg

Has anyone else eaten these - Whats your call? I thought the little winter ones were hotter than the Nagas :hell:

Yee Gods, but those are some mean looking peppers! Have small alien monsters ripped their way through your tongue when you bit down on one?

I've only tried the few tiny winter pods so far & they were very nasty little embers.
Looking forward to a fully blown summer pod....will probably leave scars :lol:

Pam said:
Did you ever find out what was wrong with them last year?

It was rootbound also high N seemed to stop the flower drop. It's a happy little camper now :) Thanks for all your lookup skills with that too :)

OMG that is one frightful looking Douglah pepper! I cannot stop staring at that pic. That one is gonna hurt. I don't even think Neil could eat that pepper raw. Good job bent.

Pam said:
Don't think me, I struck out on that one. I'm glad you figured it out, though.

credit where its due Pam...Effort deserves thanks, so Thanks Pam :D

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
OMG that is one frightful looking Douglah pepper! I cannot stop staring at that pic. That one is gonna hurt. I don't even think Neil could eat that pepper raw. Good job bent.

hehe - well we're gonna find out :hell:

I still love that variety. It's the most awesome introduction ever made thanks to TriniHottie!! I believe Neil could eat lava from a volcano..never doubt him. :) It was something I dreamed of and created in my mind, but didn't think existed. :)

Chris

Whats this i hear, someone doubting the famous Hippy!!!

They must have only started to change colour a few days ago hey Bent. They look like evil incarnate. Have you got any plans to make a sauce out of them or will you just eat them with icecream?!!

The one in the top pic kinda looks like a gold nugget, you have struck it rich!!

Hotpeppa said:
can someone explain what root bound is ?

Kinky roots do it all the time.......

Its when the plant has outgrown it's pot and is screaming for a larger one.

Holy moly! This is the first time i've heard of these so i googled them. They look scary as hell, especially the placental tissue!
P1070070.jpg

P1070073.jpg

Back