• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2012 Grow Log

I haven't sprouted anything yet, but am so excited about the upcoming season that I wanted to start a thread. I'm going to sprout close to 20 seeds sometime before the end of the month.

Alpha,

Thanks for the praise. This is my best season so far and if the weather holds up, I will have many more pods to come.

The yellow peppers are not from Bowers seed. I suspect they may indeed be ordinary Lemon drops, but they were marketed and sold as "AJI Russian Yellow." I bought them here:

http://www.exotic-se...hop_en/shop.cgi

Our own Dr Peter Merle - http://thehotpepper....illas/ sells them.

My own Chile Pepper research does not show anything originating from Russia, but these are still fun to grow and taste delicious. The later pods are taking a while, but some of the early ones matured earlier than Lemon drops that I have grown. With my crop of these so far, the heat level has varied a lot, but they do have the citrusy Lemon Drop taste.

One More Aji Cereza Pod:

dscn3100.jpg

I can't post a pic now as photobucket is not allowing me to upload. I'll try tomorrow.

9 More Superchiles
5 More Aji Cerezas
6 More Aji Russian Yellows

and 4 Aji Cristals, picked immature by an impatient family member

The Cristals were very tasty and decently hot. I had to eat them prematurely as they were getting too old before fully ripening, so I did not get the full experience.

The pods are still coming. The yellow one is a Bode Amarela:

last.jpg

I think we still have 2 weeks or so here. Gonna dip close next week, but I believe we will be able to weather it here. All puns intended. lol. Looking good there.

The season is not over yet:

The round yellow peppers are Bode Amarela. It is a hell of a long season pepper, as I planted everything out on May 25th, and the plant is now just peaking!

newlast2.jpg

newlast1.jpg

Damn - Those late season Lemondrops are HOT >100,000 Scovilles. I had 2 with dinner. I made the mistake of touching my forehead after deseeding one. Currently, my forehead is burning, and I have several visible red marks on my forehead and cheeks.

Back