• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2014 Grow Log

It’s time for the 2014 Chile Pepper Grow Log!  This year, I’ve decided to go with the “normal” F1 Superchiles.  It has been a ton of fun growing from my own saved Superchile seeds year after year, but last season I had too many “runty” plants that did not produce well.  I’m of course keeping all of my seeds.  I’m also going to sprout a few Aji Cereza’s.  These are from Peter Merle:

http://thehotpepper.com/user/6297-semillas/

Ty -I am catching up on the glog - havent posted pics in a few months - I should be caught up in a few days - all pics are going in date order:

Lots of nice starts and transplants there, Dragon.
What are you growing?  I recognize a Manzano or Rocoto
in the mix.

PaulG said:
Lots of nice starts and transplants there, Dragon.
What are you growing?  I recognize a Manzano or Rocoto
in the mix.
Paul,

No Manzano or Rocotos - All except two are Superchiles.  The other two are Aji Cerezas.  The Cerezas are the ones with smaller pointer leaves.

Had me fooled!  Looks like you are making great progress.

All caught up now - The last 2 pics show the two plants that I put outside earlier.

Gardening is hard work!

Yesterday, I spent two hours weeding and pulling up nasty roots.  Today, I spent another 90 minutes digging up the top layer ( 3-4 inches) of soil and throwing it outside the garden gate.  Then I raked and fertilized.  Then I mulched, ran out of mulch, drove to the nursery and filled up my car with as many bags would fit.  Then I finished mulching.  Then I put two plants in the ground.

Back