• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2014 Grow Log

It’s time for the 2014 Chile Pepper Grow Log!  This year, I’ve decided to go with the “normal” F1 Superchiles.  It has been a ton of fun growing from my own saved Superchile seeds year after year, but last season I had too many “runty” plants that did not produce well.  I’m of course keeping all of my seeds.  I’m also going to sprout a few Aji Cereza’s.  These are from Peter Merle:

http://thehotpepper.com/user/6297-semillas/

I just threw out my 3 indoor plants—They are old and not flowering anymore.  If I had more space, I'd keep them, but need the space under the lights for new seedlings.  Last Monday, I tried to sprout a saved seed from one of John Ford's Pimente de Neyde x Bhut f6 Peppers,  (He tells me that they were not isolated by netting, so it may be crossed with something) as well as one of my mystery superhot yellow's.  On Friday, I tried to sprout one more of each.  Hopefully pics to come soon. :)

Pepper Wolf said:
Awesoome glog!!

Love the pics, hope you have an epic harvest and hope to see more.
Thanks!

Weird season for me  -Everything, not just Peppers, (Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Eggplants) is starting very late.  If the weather holds out for another 2 months, I should get many more pods.

Still no sprouts, but I suck at germinating C Chinense varieties, so I just tried to sprout 2 more:

1 - Dorset Naga
2 - 7 Pot Jonah Yellow

Finally a sprout!  This is one of my mystery crosses that I sowed on 09/05.  It is either an F2 Bode Amarela X Aji Cereza, possibly crossed with a red Bhut, or a yellow superhot that I mislabeled, possibly crossed with a red Bhut:

I was worried about the cross, but managed to carefully remove all of the dirt and perlite that were interfering with the growth:

I just found a second sprout - one of the Pimente de Neyde x Bhut f7's just came up:

Back