• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2015 Grow Log

I did start my Pepper plants in 2014, but in honor of the New Year, it is time for a new album.  To start off the 2015 Chile Pepper grow log, I bring you the first Brazilian Ghost pod of the season.  This is not a great picture, as it is hard to focus on something small in the middle of the canopy.

Yellowfin2na said:
That the mystery cross?
Yeah, BUT, I sent pictures to The PuckerButt Pepper Company and ​Smokin' Ed is convinced that they are indeed Yellow 7 Pots, which is what other members here have though all along.  It is tons of fun to think that an accidental cross from my garden produced this monster, but that season, I didn't grow anything very hot and nothing near that size, AND I do have Yellow 7 Pot seeds, so as much as I hate to admit it, this was probably from a mislabeled seed pack or a mislabeled pot.

Some great looking plants and pods, Mark.
Should be a very productive grow for you this season.

Dude, is your keyboard broken?

PaulG said:

PaulG said:
OK - All of the small plants hardening outside are Superchiles, except for the middle plant on the back row which is a Chocolate Bhut.  The big pot next to the Dorset Naga is a Caramel Moruga.  The yellow pepper in my dehydrator tray is  Yellow 7.  

PaulG said:
lol.. I was thinking the same when browsing

dragon49 said:
OK - All of the small plants hardening outside are Superchiles, except for the middle plant on the back row which is a Chocolate Bhut.  The big pot next to the Dorset Naga is a Caramel Moruga.  The yellow pepper in my dehydrator tray is  Yellow 7.  
nice plants and fiery looking pods! keep it up

:rofl: Whatever they are, they all look great, D!

Ya gots a super super chili grow goin'!

For those of my fans who prefer my pictures accompanied by words:

This is a Brazilian Ghost Pepper, which is a 3 way cross hybrid:   Bhut Jolokia x 7 Pot Douglah x Trinidad scorpion.  The pods are generally much larger, however I over-fertilized the plant which resulted in tiny leaves and tiny pods.  The first pod I ate wasn’t deadly hot, but >500,000 SHU.  Subsequent pods were much hotter.  The Pepper reminds me of a Chocolate Bhut, with a complex earthy flavor.  In addition, these pods have a strong fruity aftertone.

Back