• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2015 Grow Log

I did start my Pepper plants in 2014, but in honor of the New Year, it is time for a new album.  To start off the 2015 Chile Pepper grow log, I bring you the first Brazilian Ghost pod of the season.  This is not a great picture, as it is hard to focus on something small in the middle of the canopy.

It is hard to get a good picture of this:  I created this monster Pimente de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia F7 by pruning.  It grew huge inside, but never flowered.  When it got too tall, I didn’t have any more room directly under my lights, so I left the plant nearby.  I put it outside on May 30th and it is doing well.  I counted at least 30 pods!  

This mystery plant from one of my cuttings is either a Yellow 7 Pot, or a Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Blend.  We'll see what it is as soon as it starts to turn color:  From the early looks, I'm guessing it's a TSMB. 

rick_pitcher said:
Hella sweet ...those chocolate bhuts look stellar...and the inside looks like pure pain

Yeah - I ate one whole and passed my challenge by not reaching for milk for 5 minutes.  It was pure pain, as if somebody was holding a lighter to my tongue!

Scorched said:
Those bhuts are looking real good. Nice and gnarly. Great looking PDN x Bhut plant. That baby is huge
Thanks,

I can wait to have some fresh PDN x Bhut pods. The F6 cross was the most delicious Pepper that I have ever eaten!  Two weeks ago, I picked a few VERY immature and they had no flavor. I had eaten these before, but didn't remember that they ripened red, so I picked them almost black, thinking they were ripe.  The pods are now turning purple, which should be the last step before red.  It appears that the variety has stabilized as these have the same characteristics as the F6 that I grew the seed from.  I can't be sure that all seeds that I'll be saving from these will grow true, because it is right next to my mystery superhot and the bees or wind may have cross pollinated some flowers.  The mystery superhot is from a cutting that I forgot to label.  From the look of the Pods, it is probably a Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend, but it may be a Yellow 7 Pot.  I'll know as soon as it starts to turn color.  I don't mind crosses; in fact I'd welcome one from these varieties, as the offspring would be pretty cool and fun to grow out.  In any event, at the end of the season, I'm going to be rooting some cuttings form the PDN x Bhut, in order to ensure that I can keep growing the same stable variety.

It's a good thing that I'm home to water during the heat wave.  In this >93 F heat + wind, My Pimento de Neyde X Bhut Jolokia F7 is going through 2 gallons of water every 2 days.  I just gave it a full dose of MaxBloom as I was worried that I was flushing away too many nutrients. The plant was so beat up that it took 30 minutes for the leaves to fully perk up after the watering.  They usually perk up almost instantly.

I wasnt expecting this. I either mixed in an Aji Cereza seed with my Superchile seeds, or this is a cross between a Superchile and an Aji Cereza. I'd prefer a cross, but suspect this was just a seed mixup. We'll know when I have a ripe pod.

Back