• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Eggplant Derail - Split

love0014.gif
What is an eggplant BTW? Is it an Aubergine of some sort?

Aubergine, huh? You English with your crazy words! Why can't you just speak American like everyone else??

On the other hand, I think I'll make myself a nice fried aubergine tonight. The girlfriend will think I'm making something fancy. That could be potential brownie points.

:lol: Where did your language come from? I think you can blame the French for Courgette (no offence, don't sue me or anything French people). Isn't Zucchini an Italian word? It sounds like it.

rainbowberry said:
In England it's always called an Aubergine then. What we call a Courgette in England is a Zucchini (I think) in America.
You do know it's French, right? :P
I like how English people make everything sound better. :lol:

Oh crap... excuse my French. :lol:
Yeah, apparently I don't type really fast. I can always blame on the fact English is not my first language. :)

It's OK if you just use one finger of each hand to type, I still love ya (going all American now) I bet it's the index finger, if not then the middle one you use- for typing ;) but touch-typing is so much quicker. Your English is better than a lot of the English I know BTW, I can't fault it.

My work on the computer is usually with the mouse and maybe the occasional WACOM. not exactly a typing person.
BTW I use my index finger. the middle one is for special occasions. :lol:

rainbowberry said:
:lol: Where did your language come from? I think you can blame the French for Courgette (no offence, don't sue me or anything French people). Isn't Zucchini an Italian word? It sounds like it.

My language? American? Came from the Natives Americans. They taught it to the pilgrims when they colonized New England. They taught them the correct pronunciation of "herb" and "aluminum," and they took away all the useless U's, like in "colour" and "flavour." They used the U's to build the foundation of this great country. Unfortunately, the U's were English, so as the foundation aged and settled - with a great whining sound - we were sent a bill from the King and Queen of England, demanding payment for our lease of the U's. Obviously that wasn't going to fly. Something about how the taxes were too high on U's, and we weren't happy about the taxes on T, either. Thus was born the Boston T Party (which was originally known as the Boston UT Party, but T had some strong media pull and was able to throw it's proverbial weight around to make a name for himself).

After the Boston T Party, we refused to use T (and U), and the American Language came into its own with the birth of the verb "is," which, as everyone knows, is the American version of "it's." Exempli gratia, "It's a nice day isn't it?" would have been said "Is a nice day, yeah?" We were never able to find a proper contraction for "Isn't it." "Isni" simply didn't have the right ring to it.

Soon the King and Queen of the Land Over the Rainbow released the rights to T and U, under restrictions and only when used with I or other vowels (plainly speaking, no one cared which vowel, so long as U wasn't left alone). We once again had a 26 letter alphabet. All rejoiced. Once again, U and I could have T, but only in moderation.

And that, boys and girls, is where our language comes from.

Omri said:
Oh god, a less sophisticated version of Pam. :shocked:

LOL, just teasing ya mate...I have a rather warped sense of humour.

And, to resemble any Pam I'd need quite a bit of surgery methinks.

Although, come to think of it, I do like how she thinks. ;)

-Q

I have an image of Pam in my head but I bet she looks nothing like it. Did Pam say how old she was when it was her Birthday before?

rainbowberry said:
I have an image of Pam in my head but I bet she looks nothing like it. Did Pam say how old she was when it was her Birthday before?
Nope, and she almost killed the single person who dared to ask.
To be honest it doesn't really matter how old she is, or even if she's a "she". 'Pam' - the THP member is a funny, funny person. I enjoy all of the comments, well most of them.

That's why I asked her age so I can get a more accurate image. Don't you have images of everyone in your head that you post with? I do.

Back