Espechilis Season 2010

Hey Bence. Sorry for the late answer. I use Philips Tornado Energy-Save-Lamps with 865 Lumen and 23 Watt. In fact the 865 Lumen is the important thing, the rest doesn't matter so much I guess. And I use normal soil you can buy at the big (garden-)markets like OBI or so (dunno, if you have them in Hungary). But I did not use the cheap soil, spent about 14 Euros for 80 Liters of it (Composana Blumenerde).

Well, I gave about 40 plants away to family and friends and so on and repotted the rest the last weekend. Quite a thing to do, but here are some new photos of it.

Peru Scarlet Lantern, Pimenta da Neyde, Naga Morich, Salmon

Right in front a 7Pod Jonah, in the back two zwei Trinidad Douglah

Three times 7Pod Yellow + a Masquerade, that looks really nice...

...in big

On the right an overwintered Fatalii, next to it an overwintered Limón. They both got plenty of buds, but are still not flowering. The flower you can see in the back is from a Hungarian Paprika

Aji Cristall, with pods and flowers, a 7Pod Jonah, and a part of the Hungarian Paprika with nice gib pods.

Here some Rocotos. Giant Rocoto with flowers...

... and 2 Rocoto Cuscos right next to them

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Hungarian Paprika, two times Habenero Orange and a sweet Paprika

Giant Rocoto, Rocoto de Seda, Trinidad Douglah, Numex Suave Orange

So, that's it for now.

@Nate: Your package arrived today, sent you a PN.

Super Ingo! :D (DEA) Congrats!

Natürlich haben wir OBI, Praktiker, Brico Store, BauMax, usw., so ich kann Composana Blumenerde kaufen.

I overwintered a bunch of small hab seedlings (over 80 of them), bought 4 further plants from Pepper-King (sind dein Rocotos auch von dort?), and I wait for about 20 species to punch through the top of the soil...

Occasionally, I'm using Terrasan Blüh-Fix Dünger mit Guano, Kompost Tee, etc. Lot of my plants died because a lack of proper lighting (was too weak), and this winter was particularly dark, overcast. Es schneit jetzt...

My Gott, what a nice Mischung of languages!

Hey Bence, thank you. Nice denglish your wrote there :lol:.

No, until now I did not buy any plants from Pepper-King, the Rocotos are growing up this year, the seeds were traded with some other chili guys from Germany and Austria. I really hope, winter stops now in Germany and some better temperatures will come our way.

I use Hakaphos Spezial for fertilizer. I cooked up 500g of powder with a liter of water, that gave me 1,5 liter fertilizer-soup. As I use 1ml for a liter of water, this will last some while. ;)

Good luck with your plants.

OK, some new photos for weekend. I could not believe, only 10 days were gone. The plants are doing quite well:

Three times 7Pod Yellow:

One of it got the first flower today:

Two times Trinidad Douglah:

And a 7Pod Jonah:

The Masquerade stays small, but looks good:

The Salmon is doing great again this year, I really like this plant. Nice flowering and already a good producer:

The Naga Morich is doing fine, too. Started flowering some days ago:

Aji Cristall got pods, that were already quite big. But thats ok for me :-)

Aji Cristall again:

An overwintered Limon, front view...

... and back view with lots of buds and flowers. I am satisfied, she does like last year.

And the overwintered Fatalii, with a height from 86cm. Dunno, where she wants to go

OK, thats it for now.

Fantastic growth Ingo!

Is it still just the Composana Blumenerde & Hakaphos? My overwintered plants grow their little leaves very slowly... How can your plants go this fast? Antigravitation trays, hmmm? :D

I bought a Philips Tornado too (daylight) and it's very bright indeed.

Until now for most of the plants I didn't even use Hakaphos. Don't need it due to my Antigravitation trays ;)

Well, in fact I guess it's all about the sun and staying quite warm.

Some new photos for the weekend.

Aji Cristal and Limón with some nice fruits

First fruits of the Yellow 7Pod

7Pod jungle

A Giant Rocoto. Can not be seen here, but it is also flowering and producing fruits

And at least the Masquerade, already changing its colour.

Back