• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Espechilis Season 2010

Purple Naga sounds cool.

Well here a little update. Last weekend I managed to repot some of the plants. And the overwinterers got cut backs, they even had flowers, so I hope they will drive out again. The right one is a Fatalii, the other ones are Limon (2 cut back and 2 cuttings).

Here are the repotted, if you are interested, here are the sorts in front of the window
Upper row: Numex Suave Orange, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Aji Cristall, Naga Morich, Hungarian Paprika, Habanero Orange, Masquerade
2nd row: Rocoto Cusco, Rocoto Giants, Yellow 7Pod, 7Pod Jonah, Pimenta da Neyde, Habanero Orange, Peru Scarlet Lantern
3rd row: Rocoto Cusco, Rocoto Giants, 7Pod Jonah, Salmon, Hungarian Paprika, Sweet Paprika

Here you can see the "whole" thing with lamps and van:

Thx to all of you. This is the right motivation to go on and make some photos.

Now here comes a little picture-update. The plants develop quite well, even they got not as much cuddled as last year.

And even more photos:

And here the first flower of the Hungarian Paprika, i guess it will open in about 1-2 days. It is as quick as last year, but what the hell is this plant doing, it's february ?

Holy cow, nice sea of green you've got going there.
+1 to loving the pic of snow outside and lovely hot peppers growing happily.

Thank you everyone. Yes, it is quite surreal looking at superhot plants with snow outside. :lol: But well, winter lasts much too long now, I really hope it will disappear soon.

@SeeyouJimmy: it depends on the year how hot the summer get's here. If we got a cold summer, it's about 18-20 degrees (Celsius), if it's hot, it could go up to 35 degrees or even more. As most of the plants stay indoor, temperature is not that important, but I need the sun shining :cool:. Btw: most of the plants will be given away soon, in about 2-3 weeks.

And the flower showing above opened this afternoon. So I got my first chili-flower this year today :onfire:

This morning the first flower dropped their leaves and my first chili of this season apperared:

Even a Rocoto Cusco starts getting buds. Thought they would need much more time, but hey, I am not complaining ;)

OK, here we go with a little Photo-Update:

Here are 2 plants, I overwintered indoor. Fatalii first, Limon second. Both are going quite well.

Here are the bigger plants. On the front left there is a Masquerade flowering. The big one in the middle is a Aju Cristall, on the right side of it a Salmon.

Here are the two Hungarian Paprika. They are at full flower and got already about 8 chilis.

Now here are the Rocotos and the Chinense. The dark one in the middle is the Pimenta da Neyde, surrounded by 2 Rocoto Cusco (left) und 2 Giant-Rocotos (right). Could anybode tell me, why the Giant-Rocotots are smaller than the Rocoto-Cuscos ?

On the next two pictures mainly Chinense, that really need more space now.
Upper row: Giant-Rocoto, Habanero Orange, Yellow 7Pod
Middle row: Habanero Orange & Yellow 7Pod
Lower row: Giant-Rocoto, Rocoto de Seda

Upper row: Again the Yellow 7Pod, at the right two times 7Pod-Jonah
Middle row: Two times Trinidad Douglah, at the right a Naga Morich
Lower row: Trinidad Douglah, at the right a Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
The big one in the front left is a limon, that will be given away soon.

And at last a little overview:

Ingo your plants are gettin huge nice work! oh btw i have two pimente de neyde plants now sprouted under lights! (your seed) ice meltin u must be happy i'll get another package out to ya today! later good work!

Thx :cool: Good to hear, that the da Neyde works fine. It's a nice plant, you will see.

Well yes, the snow has melted, and that's ok. About over 2 months with snow is more than enough. It's nice, to go out again and not to always have a look, not to put your back on the ground.

Hey, that's cool, I nearly can't wait for it and hope, it will get right this time. :onfire:

A little overview how the 7Pods are going right now.

Here are the Douglahs:

7Pod Jonah:

And the Yellow 7Pod:

Until now, I am quite satisfied. Will move them in bigger pots this weekend I guess.

Back