• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Essegi 2015

Here i am with my humble growing!
That year only superhots, there were just too many that i wanted to try.

The seeds, all form Semillas:
i3Bz4S98XmOZH.jpg

I gave 5 of each to a friend of mine. So i have 6 of all but TSMCaramel (7), BrainStrain (5) and Jay Peach (5).
Total 59.
I plan to keep 2 of each + 1 for another friend of mine. If more, giveaway.

Today i started that seeds:
ibxwAGx72iEMvS.jpg

Overwintered:
iXv4onS8jWY7M.jpg

7pod on left (maybe i'll give it to an aunt of mine), rocoto on right. Maybe i pruned it too ealy... I hope that year to harvest something from that one.

Well... Now let's see who germintates...

Since i have no sprout to show i start with some pizza of yesterday.
Tomato passata is homemade from tomatoes of 2014. Also I used fatalli and moruga powder on some. Toppings: pepperoni, bacon, red onion marinated in evo and bp and salt, olives, mozz (thick slices).

ibvKHqJPHTBlfv.jpg

ik4J1dNUdLY4a.jpg

iifa1DkKkg942.jpg

irbqH1qYvpbUV.jpg

ibmvhMQFn6QJZC.jpg

i2WKr9kt9ejAi.jpg

Airiness looks very irregular and mostly bad (the third one is the only decent in that regard), at least taste was good.

Essegi, I am looking forward to following your thread here.  I am very inspired by your pizzas.  Did you do anything with olives from the tree last year?  I was very interested when you did that before.

JayT said:
Essegi, I am looking forward to following your thread here.  I am very inspired by your pizzas.  Did you do anything with olives from the tree last year?  I was very interested when you did that before.
Thanks Jay!
About olives: unfortunately in 2014 they wasn't any good and i couldn't get any. Weather was too strange.

Ohhh damn! Now i remember why i bought some perlite! Not for peppers but for capers, that are much more difficult to germinate! I forgot that i had some seeds (i have an hedge on an old castle near my home, so if i fail that year it's not an issue). I must check that. Lol, i don't even like them but maybe i'll try to grow some.

look at all this sexy plumbing
iUPaIpr5mOdo8.jpg

Not sure why but I love looking at waterways. If yall want to nerd out one day check out some apartment building pvc ing they do before they lay the foundation :drooling:  Im actually in the mist of brain destruction with the manifold ill be building inside my shade house. Ive been beating myself up over it for over a week. Ill wake up in the middle of the night just thinking about it. Its easy to cut and glue pipe but the planning  of it can be very insane. I think thats what I love about it.

The pizzas you make are some of thee best I've ever seen and can almost taste the warm crust melting in my mouth every time I look at your pictures.  Cheers, here is to a fantastically productive 2015 from the plants in 2015.  27-28 Celsius is a little over 80 degrees F and those should start showing their heads in about a week.  Good luck Essegi!

Really. I forgot caper seeds... Peat moss and perlite should be an ok soil, i've to check if high temps are good to germinate or i need something lower...

Some photo of that seeds:
iSRukVEF2XylQ.jpg

On right some taken from dried fruits. On right from a fresh-late fruit.
Some in more detail:
ikfkvHl0Kb0fM.jpg

iAsXFjQs5Bo0l.jpg

I've read that germ rate should be 5-10% but i've no idea if that seeds are good...
Well, planting is not a big issue so i think i'll do something.

sicman said:
look at all this sexy plumbing
Here all the system.
iJQb1t6VEjoy5.jpg

:D

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
The pizzas you make are some of thee best I've ever seen and can almost taste the warm crust melting in my mouth every time I look at your pictures.  Cheers, here is to a fantastically productive 2015 from the plants in 2015.  27-28 Celsius is a little over 80 degrees F and those should start showing their heads in about a week.  Good luck Essegi!
Thanks Cappy!
I'm using the same setup of last year... I haven't had great germ rates but i planted twice the seeds that i need. I've been  too lazy to try a method different than putting seeds direcly on soil.:p

And what is that door/window? Is that a window in your pimp rustic full of wine cabin in the deep mountains of the magic hills of woman peppers and pie.

Maybe its the door to heaven?
d370b05cd0e18e5f9449427849607dbd.jpg

Devv said:

So that's a complex plumbing pic for sure!
YUP! 

Ha ha Siccy! It's just a PVC windows. :P I suppose sunlight (well, not much since it's facing north) doesn't hurt along LED light. :D
Btw you are correct on wine: you can spot a bottle drying on the tubes! :D

PaulG said:
Woah, Giancarlo, your grow room looks like the control panel
of some kind of submarine!  I bet the plants love it in there!
Well, that was cheap from me: i am lucky to have an hot room with a radiator conveniently placed. :D

Devv said:
I had to Google capers ;)
Here it's a very widespread fruit, at least on market. Usually the bud is cured with vinegar or salt. More rarely the fruits. They are really strong in taste and in general very appreciated. Also from many friends here in THP. :D
For some strange reasons i don't like them and i associate to olives (not really with a reason apart being round and green), though especially with fish or carne alla pizzaiola, a couple to have some flavour are good.
Of course it's appreciated a lot on pizza. :D

Well, of course still nothing from the peppers. Also i soaked for a day caper seed in water... Now i must refrigerate them. I should for 2 months. Probably i'll do for 2 weeks or it'll be too late.

Today the most different pizza than opening one: extra thin. I was able to hand strecht first 2 but with that thin dough rolling pin is maybe better, since also in that pizza you don't care to push the gas on edge:

Starting from standar margherita:

ibqBM9jpaCkCQj.jpg

Here moked salmon, cherry peppers cured with capers and anchovies, mozz, passata, not the best combo:
iZoNOhGEszm3I.jpg

Smoked salmon, stracchino, pomodorini, walnuts and fatalii powder:
ibx5mX44VQCuym.jpg

Bacon, bell pepper, chcolate bhut powder, mozz in half of cooking:
ib1etZvPRgSvJL.jpg

Margherita and ham:
idUYkGMR9Jj4k.jpg

Margherita with bacon, bell pepper and... I don't remember wich pepper powder.
iROAB3wN9c1mK.jpg

Not bad but a bit harder chewing than how i wanted to do.

I hope that next update will be about peppers. :D

Okay, SG, you are killin' me with these pizza pictures   :drooling:   No more, please!   :liar:

Don't listen to Paul. Post more pics.

I guess I'll be the first one to ask: What is the deal with all the plumbing? That is more than I've ever seen in a house on this side of the world.

Jeff H said:
Don't listen to Paul. Post more pics.

I guess I'll be the first one to ask: What is the deal with all the plumbing? That is more than I've ever seen in a house on this side of the world.
Thanks Jeff. Maybe i'll buy a new oven before end of month... And after that i finally could cook neapolitan pizza.

For plumbing... I live in a pretty big house (at least for italian standards), like 160mq per floor, 1,5 floors (1,5 because ground one has also garage, a specie of cellar and something that is not heaten up). Also there's a baseboard heating system, i've no idea if that requires a more complex system. The house is relatively new, heating system has been made on 2005 or 2006.

Still nothing from peppers, i hope next week will be the one.

An hook!
iOjuSV7hLjFcr.jpg

The first is... A primo! That means first in italian! That's from some hours ago, now it's nearly completely sprouted. Maybe tomorrow a photo.
Also i spotted a yellow moruga lurking.

Pizza too today. I wanted to use the dough tomorrow but probably temp was too high and it has risen too much:
iqWsW8dc4sOJF.jpg

Here it's nearly three times of original size, too much, it was touching the top.
I used an award winning recipe that needs 4 types of flour, includind Senatore Cappelli that is an old and high quality italian cultivar of durum wheat. i've finally found it on a mill.
https://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpizza-agora.forumfree.it%2F%3Ft%3D67207019&edit-text=
There's an error: the 10%  wheat flour is whole wheat flour.

Margherita:
iWul6m2xNwfVX.jpg

iqHsgUF2c8F4h.jpg

Here with hot passata, mozzarella, oregano, anchovies, capers, tuna, bell pepper, some chocolate bhut powder on my slice:

iwadNDCQLMPFg.jpg

ibsg8thuOxaj9X.jpg

For sure not perfect but better than 1st post. Also, it tasted really good.

Also i've made some bread with raisins with last dough:
ibvNhF8DFkja6d.jpg

ibmcfrG4wyHm9D.jpg

Raisin is badly spreaded and bread is a bit uncooked, good btw.

PS: after bread is cooled... It's epic! Not uncooked and so good!

Thanks tctenten!

Here the primo!
iTZT58voO4CfW.jpg

I tried to get a better photo with stacking but the plant turned on the light lol! So just a standard one.

Here the moruga yellow:
isPSQDqoI6v64.jpg

It's near the border so i think seed has been on surface... I hope it grows.

Now i want other hooks!

EDIT: spotted just now (+4:40 from post) a BBG hook!

All my babies, for now:
isj2uZccbHNrC.jpg

2 BBG, 1 Moruga Yellow (the one above, it seems it will live), 1 Primo, 1 Jay's Red and the small hook is a Butch T.
Awaiting for more!!!

Out of interest, i've really purchased that oven good for pizza verace, i hope to have it before March!

Back