Etsy.com type service for Hot Sauce / Salsa ???

Had a thought for creating an internet service.  I could put up an Etsy.com like service for Hot Sauce / Salsa makers.  Etsy.com is a shopping mall of sorts.  You join, you get an online store.  People can then search all the online stores, go from one to the next but each store is independently operated.  They charge a percentage, but I am thinking of doing it as a symbiotic relationship. 

I grow peppers, I dont really sell hot sauce or salsa. Many sauce makers do not grow peppers.  So I was figuring on having the store free but asking please consider buying my peppers.  Maybe a logo on the stores that promotes my peppers.

If you think it is a good idea and would be interested in testing as I build it, tell me which domain you think would be best:

HotPepperJuice.com - Own it, not doing anything with it.
HotSauceByMail.com - Own it, parked a Amazon affiliate store on it but could move the affiliate store for this project.

I enjoy symbiotic / non contractual relationships.  Like when I flipped my tractor, my neighbor saw it and came to help just cause... well that is the neighbor contract.  You see something you can laugh at later, you gotta man up and help.  Otherwise it is just plain rude to laugh later.  So have idea for online service but want to see if there is interest before I dedicate time.  Please me know what you think.

The Hot Pepper said:
Yup. Long story short he is talking about manufacturers with all that in place. Just likes the word cottage.
Right - so it's exactly like the topic title states - he wants to do an Etsy.com-like business, except it's not online for interstate commerce nor is it like Etsy at all. No - it's for cottage businesses that aren't actually cottage businesses, with home-made products that are actually not home-made. Oh, and they don't have to have a certified kitchen, just look at all these links that say it must be a certified kitchen!

Seems perfectly clear to me - not sure what's causing all this confusion.

Must be that pesky Lucky Dog guy muddying the waters again.

:doh:

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Yep - to varying degrees of legality judging by the labels. ;)

On the other hand, I think you just saved the OP a ton of work and time since the thing he was looking to create already exists.
:rofl:

Yea that was pretty much my point, no need to reinvent the wheel when someone's already got it going, with a basic user base and people that already grease the bearings. 

D3monic said:
I didn't bother to read through the 4 pages of bickering but people do sell hotsauces and powders on Etsy. actual etsy not a different style site. https://www.etsy.com/search?q=hot%20sauce

Like sirex, I kind of dig the alt-vibe that ajdrew brings ...

almost-politically-correct-redneck.jpg

That said, you can't read this one without first reading the "Someone here threatened me" (or similar) thread first ...

There's context that makes this not bickering, is all.

I was going to make poutine for the TD before last ...

I bought the shit to make the curds, but ran out of time on the weekend, and then again on the night when I tried to get the sliders in ...

I'd still like to try making poutine, actually ...

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

Those are cheese curds! 

I LOVE poutine - I HATE cottage cheese. 

How dare you insult my beloved poutine like that! How else is a man gonna get 8,472 calories in a single serving?!? 

I didn't say I don't like poutine, never had it. But cottage cheese on cottage fries, in the cottage industry thread... just a joke. Sounds like Poo PooTine to me. Seen someone do it on that stupid show where they steal your ingredients. 

Back