seed-train European Seed train...

As an idea (maybe you already have this in mind, but... better to say), I think it should be a plus if each of us already prepare what she/he want to add to the train BEFORE the train arrive in their station.

As an idea (maybe you already have this in mind, but... better to say), I think it should be a plus if each of us already prepare what she/he want to add to the train BEFORE the train arrive in their station.

You are very organised, its gonna be a fast train!!
And I guess when the package arrives and departs it might be a good idea just to post a msg here to keep everyone informed!!
PM sent to ParryHotter!!

I'm not boarding the choo choo, but a great tip: seed trains can get quite a value. They tend to go missing once in a while, so make sure you have a back up half way (some one takes out doubles, splits bags of varieties with a lot of seeds).

And as seeds only last x years.. I'd have a lottery under the participants to make sure you get some varieties with decent germinate rates.

Have you sent a box, or an envelope? I ask because in Romania there is a big difference between these 2 kind of packages.

rghm1u20 said:
Have you sent a box, or an envelope? I ask because in Romania there is a big difference between these 2 kind of packages.

I sent bubble envelope, it is cheaper than a box and result is the same.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic), package (14 varieties) shipped 1st of December
2) Zoli (Hungary) - receipt is pending. Next address is known.
3) rghm1u20 (Romania) - Next address is known.
4) ParryHotter (Austria) - Next address is known.
5) Rory (Italy) - Next address is known.
6) Nulle (Denmark)
7) cathyssocool (Sweden)
8) snagglepuss (UK)
9) scotsbonnet (Scotland)
10) back to LuckyLuke for round 2.

Post sucks, but we made it.

2) Zoli (Hungary) - package received. Next address is known. Will ship Monday 8th of December
6) Nulle (Denmark)
7) cathyssocool (Sweden)
8) snagglepuss (UK)

LuckyLuke said:

rghm1u20 said:
I wonder how long will take to go from one train station to the next... If one week, it means (1 week/station) X 10 stations = 10 weeks. Kind of Orient Express train...
Remember?
But this is it, will see, maybe one or another will go faster...

LuckyLuke said:

2) Zoli (Hungary) - package received. Next address is known. Will ship Monday 8th of December
6) Nulle (Denmark)
7) cathyssocool (Sweden)
8) snagglepuss (UK)

Wow, 4 days from one country to an almost neighboring one?  :eek: 

I think that from Nulle to me it will take one day, two at most, and from me to the UK, probably another two. Assuming it doesn't get stuck because of Christmas. 

By the way, I'm not here in late January so if it takes that much time then I might be out. But we'll see that as we get closer.

Depends on

cathyssocool said:
Wow, 4 days from one country to an almost neighboring one?  :eek:

Depends, there are many things... Holidays, weekend... I have sent one to Slovenia, it took more than a week, if I remember right. But imagine, one greeting card from Australia, sent on 17 Sept., arrived to me on 25 Sept.
The postal office could be also close, at least here they are closed on Saturday and Sunday, I am not sure but maybe there is a single one opened on Saturday.
And the longest was for a package sent from USA (usually they arrive to me in 3 to 4 weeks), that arrived in 3 MONTHS!
So, kind of lottery, huh?

rghm1u20 said:
Depends on

Depends, there are many things... Holidays, weekend... I have sent one to Slovenia, it took more than a week, if I remember right. But imagine, one greeting card from Australia, sent on 17 Sept., arrived to me on 25 Sept.
The postal office could be also close, at least here they are closed on Saturday and Sunday, I am not sure but maybe there is a single one opened on Saturday.
And the longest was for a package sent from USA (usually they arrive to me in 3 to 4 weeks), that arrived in 3 MONTHS!
So, kind of lottery, huh?

Congrats on reaching 666 posts  :fireball:

...and how long from Italy to Denmark!! I ll be expecting the package early Janaury being realistic?!
Ya the post is a complete lottery...sometimes packages that you expect to take a week or two arrive within 2 days

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic), package (14 varieties) shipped 1st of December.
2) Zoli (Hungary) - package shipped Monday 8th of December to rghm1u20 (Romania).
3) rghm1u20 (Romania) - receipt pending, Next address is known.
6) Nulle (Denmark)
7) cathyssocool (Sweden)
8) snagglepuss (UK)

Let's see when will arrive...
I want to do a trick, when will go to pick the envelope, will bring the seeds I want to add to the train, and also some zip lock bags, and will try to ship the envelope in hopefully less than one hour after receiving it.
Zoli, did you went to the customs postal office to pick the package? I am 99,9% sure I will have to go there...

rghm1u20 said:
Let's see when will arrive...
I want to do a trick, when will go to pick the envelope, will bring the seeds I want to add to the train, and also some zip lock bags, and will try to ship the envelope in hopefully less than one hour after receiving it.
Zoli, did you went to the customs postal office to pick the package? I am 99,9% sure I will have to go there...

We are all in EU so no customs is needed.

Back