food Everythang' Tex-Mex!

texas blues said:
Begin thine postings or fear the wrath of pounded filet mignon chicken fried steak with chipotle cream sauce! Mayhem to follow later....

***Paul pulls the beer cooler closer and puts his feet up on the hotel room desk.......and awaits the action!***

Here are the prep and cooking shots of my enchiladas...

ingredients...ground beef already cooked...it is left over taco meat....

010910a001.jpg

Sauce made and getting ready to roll the enchiladas...

010910a002.jpg

enchiladas rolled and into pan...this is going to be cheezy goodness...

010910a003.jpg

just finished cooking these bad boys...

010910a005.jpg

continued

here they are plated with some guacomole between the enchiladas...a hollowed tomato half holding a mixture of diced onions and tomatos...all garnished with fresh cilantro...

010910a009.jpg

I just finished eating and they are absolutely OK...not bad for my first attempt but not as good as I was expecting...next time they will be made with Carnitas...

and the desert I spoke about earlier...Terimasu

010910a007.jpg

and my desert....

010910a011.jpg

yup...the desert is deliciously alcoholy with 120 ml Amaretta in the misture

AlabamaJack said:
here they are plated with some guacomole between the enchiladas...a hollowed tomato half holding a mixture of diced onions and tomatos...all garnished with fresh cilantro...

010910a009.jpg

I just finished eating and they are absolutely OK...not bad for my first attempt but not as good as I was expecting...next time they will be made with Carnitas...

and the desert I spoke about earlier...Terimasu

010910a007.jpg

and my desert....

010910a011.jpg

yup...the desert is deliciously alcoholy with 120 ml Amaretta in the misture

YAY!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ my compadre, those enchies look fantastico! Cheezy hot, blue, and righteous Texican goodness! Gorgeous plate up too! Two thumbs waaaay up on the Don Julio! :clap:

That is a fantasically awesome meal that has been prepared to sheer perfection. AJ, have you ever thought of becoming a chef in your Post Retierment days? You have talent!

texas blues said:
hehehe...if he was a chef....then he wouldn't be retired!

I'd never want to be a chef....

I love to cook....but don't think I'd enjoy the pressure of feeding dozens of people at one time....over and over and over.....

Plus, if you complained about my food, I just might take a 10" CI skillet to your dumb-ass head....

Pepperfreak said:
I have often entertained the idea of opening a small (key word= small) diner...
If you do I will be there. Steak and pasta better be on the menu ;)

thanks gents...

I always wanted to open a pure southern cooking cafe...but with the issues with high fat/cholesterol nowadays, I would be liable because of all the bacon products (read lard) I would be using...Monday - Collards/Blackeyed Peas, Tuesday - Mustard Greens/Pink Eye Peas - Wednesday - Kale/Crowder peas Thursday/Friday - Turnip greens/Purple hull peas...all served with pan fried porkchops and jalapeno/habanero buttermilk cornbread....

AlabamaJack said:
thanks gents...

I always wanted to open a pure southern cooking cafe...but with the issues with high fat/cholesterol nowadays, I would be liable because of all the bacon products (read lard) I would be using...Monday - Collards/Blackeyed Peas, Tuesday - Mustard Greens/Pink Eye Peas - Wednesday - Kale/Crowder peas Thursday/Friday - Turnip greens/Purple hull peas...all served with pan fried porkchops and jalapeno/habanero buttermilk cornbread....

That all sounds so darn wonderful....

AJ that's a weird tiramisu did you soak the lady fingers in coffee? Where's the marscapone cheese and cinnamon? What's the yellow?

thehotpepper.com said:
If you do I will be there. Steak and pasta better be on the menu ;)

It sure would be, amoung other wonderful meals.

AlabamaJack said:
thanks gents...

Sounds great AJ. As long as your not in California, you shouldn't have to worry about liability. :lol:

yellow stuff is just a bought mix i used....didn't make it from scratch...just soaked the lady fingers in coffee and amaretta

Ok my apologies, a friend talked me into going out to watch football, so my enchiladas will have to wait until tomorrow. They will be better anyway with the steak marinating another night. I promise pics tomorrow. AJ nice job. You had me confused with the desert talk. But you did make a helluva dessert.

I got a little filet that I was going to pound out for CFS but it doesn't need it. Waaaay tender...I did it with my fingers.....

IMG_1958.jpg

Butter, shallot, garlic, chipotle w/adobo......hotness...cream added shortly thereafter....

IMG_1959.jpg

More destruction and mayhem tomorrow...

Back