free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

Pepper-Guru said:

Nice! Glad to see folks trying out your work PollenNut! Early adopters of some really really cool stuff! 
Those folks willing to grow out some of my early stuff... you know they get first dibs on my stuff that comes next right? 

And while I have already sent out some Capsicum annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' x Capsicum chinense dominant 'Morangum' and other crosses like that.... I always do multiple pollinations of the crosses I love the best so more f1, f2, type crosses from those will soon be available. Suffice it to say, we will have variegated interspecific C. chinense with purple flowers and purple variegated leaves if genetics have anything to do with it in the f2.

Never mind my VSRP x SRP crosses... aka Capsicum annuum 'Variegata' x C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach' x (C. baccatum 'Sugar Rush Peach')

Got mine.  Will get them started this weekend.

Attachments

• F1XXXX.jpg
    F1XXXX.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 115
Well, a couple days behind in my plan but the seeds got a soak this afternoon and layed down for a hopefully short rest tonight. As per the Seinfeld episode, I hope these guys are sponge-worthy!
Color coded for identification.

5DB9D4A6-360C-4494-B5CE-C1AFEDF40777.jpeg

One of the 2 seeds from #5 looked like this after the soak.

BEFB4894-FF64-4A3D-8474-D73E07768E54.jpeg

And one from #6 looked like it was just about to pop.

C43F5709-01FF-4F69-ACA7-5981DFFEEF79.jpeg

Now it will be a waiting game.

@PollenNut I got 15 of your seeds planted 6 days ago along 55 other seeds. I get home today and 7 seeds have popped. Unfortunately none of them were yours but I feel like I'm on the right track and yours are gonna pop any time now.

20200214_183205.jpg

I have an indoor grow cabinet that I've been building and I thought I would of had it done by now but work and life has kept me super super busy. I don't want to put any plant matter in my cabinet until it's completely sealed up since wood is porous so I made a rush sacrificial grow box for my seedlings. I got them under a 4 bulb 2 foot T5 currently to keep them from getting leggy but Im only hoping this will be thier home for the next 3 to 5 days.

20200214_191124.jpg

20200214_192558.jpg

20200214_195920.jpg

Again I want to thank you! I'm giving your little babies the best care I can. As promised I will keep you updated with pics and I will send you isolated pods once they come to maturity.

@PollenNut

Go back to post 34 for the pic for what is what, I'm sorry but i couldnt read your writting on the bags very well so I figured numbering your baggies would be best... But 2 each of your number 2's sprouted. 1 each of your number 3's sprouted. 1 each of your number 5 sprouted. 1 each of your number 4 sprouted. 10 still haven't popped yet.

20200218_185424.jpg

ADRUNKK said:
@PollenNut I received my seeds too. Thank you very much, I'm super excited about this grow season. I will start my seedlings today. I will keep you updated with pics, and will send you the isolated pods as requested of the ones i get to germinate.

attachicon.gif
20200208_113704.jpg
  1. [SIZE=22pt]Capsicum baccatum ‘Inca Red Drop’ x ‘Sugar Rush Peach (intraspecific hybrid)[/SIZE]
  2. [SIZE=22pt]VSRP = C. annuum ‘Variegata’ x ‘C. baccatum ‘Sugar Rush Peach’ (interspecific hybrid)[/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=22pt]C. annuum ‘Scarlett’s Chili’ x (C. annuum ‘Poblano’) = intraspecific hybrid[/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE=22pt]C. baccatum ‘Purple Flower’[/SIZE]
  5. [SIZE=22pt]C. annuum ‘Uchu’ x ‘Scarlett’s Chili’[/SIZE]
  6. [SIZE=22pt] VSRP F1BC1 = backcross with the recurring parent being C. baccatum ‘Sugar Rush Peach’ S0 written out long form it would be (C. annuum ‘Variegata’ x C. baccatum ‘Sugar Rush Peach’) x C. baccatum ‘Sugar Rush Peach’ Gold  [/SIZE]https://youtu.be/kQjoX_GA09Q
  7. [SIZE=22pt]Platinum VSRP F1BC1…. Videos are on my youtube of this one.  [/SIZE]https://youtu.be/IER0PYBaVhU

Came home to aphids on my seedlings today. Hand picked off all the ones I could find. Let the battle begin. I'm not giving up but I've been battling the little bastards on my OW plants, and it's been near impossible to knock them out. They just keep coming back.

Just curious if there are anymore available or if you have enough folks growing. Wouldn’t mind giving these a shot. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now have one #1 and one #5 germinated. There were several floaters when I did the soak, and although that does not always mean it is a non-germinator, many times it is the first indicator. So, these were at 10 and 11 days, will just keep watching the remainder. 

skullbiker said:
I now have one #1 and one #5 germinated. There were several floaters when I did the soak, and although that does not always mean it is a non-germinator, many times it is the first indicator. So, these were at 10 and 11 days, will just keep watching the remainder. 

#1 = C. annuum 'Flourescent' x C. annuum 'Anaheim'... variegation is recessive so if you see variegation this is a strong indicator that something went wrong here. It is also why I chose C. flourescent as the mom. The f2 should be crazy giving how different those two peppers are from each other.

#5 C. annuum 'Uchu' x C. annuum 'Scarlett's Chili' = variegated intraspecific plants. Recessive immature sulfur white gene and erect fruit also recessive could remain hidden in the f1  and not return till the f2. Scarlett's Chili also has purple flowers so the Uchu having white flowers.... you are going to be looking for purple flowers in your f1 rather than white like you might expect from a pure Uchu. However, that purple may be just around the edge of the flower.

I try to pick crosses that are different enough from one another that it should be blatantly obvious if you have gold or not. 

Overall I feel like I've screwed up cuz my germ percentage is so low after 17 days, but Imma give it more time.

I'm having a hard time getting certain peppers to germ but I've never grown a lot of these before. 0/4 on giant white habs, 2/4 on choc ghosts. 0/4 on time bombs. 0/4 on scotch bonnet yellow #3. 0/4 on rocoto red. 5/15 on PollenNut's seeds. I'm doing pretty good on my other peppers but no need to post stats on 3/4's and 4/4's.

Overall I'm 37 out of 70. Imma keep em going and hopefully the late bloomers pop soon.

Here's the overall shot of the seed tray, a purple jalapeno fell over and he's the little bastard that's propped up with half a straw and 3 tooth picks. I might of tugged on the little bugger a little too hard when hand picking aphids, or it could be a root growth issue since he's got a 1/2" of roots trying to grow above soil.
20200225_201419.jpg

@PollenNut. The 2 on the left are your #2. I went 2/2 on the germ. The one to the immediate right of the top left is your #3 (the big guy). I went 1/1 on the germ.
20200225_201432.jpg

@pollenNut. This guy in the center of the photo is your #5. I hit 50/50 on this one. I'm 1 of 2 on getting this strain to germ.
20200225_201442.jpg

@PollenNut. This guy left center of the photo is your #4. Batting .500 on this one as well. 1 out of 2 have germed. This one is looking mighty yellow. Not sure whats up. Same potting soil and same watering as all the others. It actually looks on par with some of my other peppers but your #2's , #3, and #5 pop with such deep dark purple and dark green that this one looks malnutrition compared to your other strains.... but compared to other peppers it's on par.
20200225_202857.jpg

So far Im 0/2 on #6. 0/2 on #7. 0/4 on #1.

I aint giving up tho. I'm hoping they need more time.

It's hard to say if your germination issues are something you did or not. There is always a possibility that your seeds just are not too good for whatever reason. Keep them warm ,moist and give em time. As for the yellow plant I'm gonna let pollen nut comment on that

With these interspecific hybrids you may experience some diminished germination rates. Some hybrids will be highly fertile and some just normally germinating but possible infertility in some seeds as well. 37/70 isn’t horrible for all new stuff and especially some interspecific hybrids. Hell, you’re lucky to get more than a few viable F1 seeds in a lot of interspecific crossed fruit. Just keep it warm and moist, time will tell. Glad to see them all coming out!

These will be some really cool crosses for sure. Really happy to see people growing them out.

ADRUNKK said:
Overall I feel like I've screwed up cuz my germ percentage is so low after 17 days, but Imma give it more time.

I'm having a hard time getting certain peppers to germ but I've never grown a lot of these before. 0/4 on giant white habs, 2/4 on choc ghosts. 0/4 on time bombs. 0/4 on scotch bonnet yellow #3. 0/4 on rocoto red. 5/15 on PollenNut's seeds. I'm doing pretty good on my other peppers but no need to post stats on 3/4's and 4/4's.

Overall I'm 37 out of 70. Imma keep em going and hopefully the late bloomers pop soon.

Here's the overall shot of the seed tray, a purple jalapeno fell over and he's the little bastard that's propped up with half a straw and 3 tooth picks. I might of tugged on the little bugger a little too hard when hand picking aphids, or it could be a root growth issue since he's got a 1/2" of roots trying to grow above soil.
attachicon.gif
20200225_201419.jpg

@PollenNut. The 2 on the left are your #2. I went 2/2 on the germ. The one to the immediate right of the top left is your #3 (the big guy). I went 1/1 on the germ.
attachicon.gif
20200225_201432.jpg

@pollenNut. This guy in the center of the photo is your #5. I hit 50/50 on this one. I'm 1 of 2 on getting this strain to germ.
attachicon.gif
20200225_201442.jpg

@PollenNut. This guy left center of the photo is your #4. Batting .500 on this one as well. 1 out of 2 have germed. This one is looking mighty yellow. Not sure whats up. Same potting soil and same watering as all the others. It actually looks on par with some of my other peppers but your #2's , #3, and #5 pop with such deep dark purple and dark green that this one looks malnutrition compared to your other strains.... but compared to other peppers it's on par.
attachicon.gif
20200225_202857.jpg

So far Im 0/2 on #6. 0/2 on #7. 0/4 on #1.

I aint giving up tho. I'm hoping they need more time.
5. is 100% annuum with UCHU x Scarlett's Chili being the cross, you can be guaranteed variegation in that cross. It is an exciting cross for me as I suspect by looking at them that you are dealing with 2 different variegated genes, but one gene will be dominant over the other despite variegation being recessive in all its forms. The white immature sulfur color in the fruit will also be recessive and not show in this f1 in all likelihood. I suspect the fruit will instead show a nice purple immature color. Flower color should be white with purple picotee edge if I have to guess. The f2... that is where you will see different forms of variegation, immature white color return to some of your phenotypes, and hopefully some upright erect fruit types as well. There is a lot going on with this cross and you can chase a lot of different phenotypes down.

Scarlett's Chili x Poblano... I have actually just pulled another fruit of this exact same cross again. Fresh seed at the house! However, I am excited that your seed... also from this season has sprouted for you. This cross is another 100% annuum cross, but who in their right mind would not want to throw some white striped Poblano down on the grill for stuffing! To me, this is a real work of art in progress. The purple genes... I can only imagine that you will get some that will keep that if you select for them so you can have a lot of variation depending on your goals. Personally, I'm also very excited about this cross and will be personally selecting for both white and green striped and purple with lighter stripes as they cross matures in generations.

Your VSRP... I'd love to see some variegations happen for you in that cross as well. Suffice it to say I am easily excited when it comes to such things, but I have to have flavor as well as looks so I'll be making backcrosses and even outcrosses if I don't see what I'm after. We can chase beauty and taste both... it just requires a little more work and determination.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Back