free F1BC1 Free seed being offered

Harry_Dangler said:
A varigated beauty.  
Your plant is indeed beautiful already and I suspect great things from it. Those Scarlett's Chili genes may be annuum... but they take C. chinense pollen very easily so if you decide to make some outcrosses, I assure you these particular genetics will take some C. chinense pollen for you very easily compared to many other annuum I have worked with.

skullbiker said:
Current photo update of all that have germinated.

attachicon.gif
7EF14396-257D-425B-BBF9-CC397904DE1B.jpeg

attachicon.gif
9CBD06CB-6C88-41C0-9287-D38AF877F57A.jpeg
I believe I see a bit of variegation on one of those.... heres hoping I'm right and the flavor is off the charts as well. We can breed for good flavor and good looks!

skullbiker said:
Another update, at this point I think that whatever was going to germinate has done so. 

attachicon.gif
90F8E682-DB4F-4ACB-BB3E-C4B140C8E55C.jpeg

attachicon.gif
C6DD3015-69F2-407A-A29F-23FDBAB11B48.jpeg

Yours are looking beautiful. I've been battling aphids, and I had to take an extended trip down to Long Beach. When I came back my seedlings we're definitely suffering from under watering. I dint lose any of PollenNut's seedlings but i did lose some others. I will post some picks for you PollenNut shortly, but they dont look as awesome as Skullbiker's.

20200318_191144.jpg

20200318_191151.jpg

20200318_191204.jpg

I need to get these transplanted and get you some better photo's. I lost some of the lower leaves during the great drought of Long Beach but they look like they're doing just fine considering.

The yellow green one #4 (C. baccatum "Purple Floer) does have some weird curled down leafs, but the new growth is looking better.

skullbiker said:
I thought I would give the little ones a little pot this morning........................AND THEY LOVED IT!

Here is #5 in its new little pot.

attachicon.gif
DA3B6A88-E9CF-4A91-977D-0368C6C302F7.jpeg

And the first buds on #5.

attachicon.gif
CE8D5B2C-47C9-437C-BAC2-A60E631D4BAB.jpeg

Number 2 root shot.

attachicon.gif
ABB9B5D3-B05D-4CB2-B762-300275CC5088.jpeg

And finally. a group shot.

attachicon.gif
FAD3B09F-FE70-47E1-ABC8-92F1EEC034C0.jpeg
Number 5 is UCHU x Scarlett's Chili... which should give you 100% variegated babies which I see... you have variegation. Now here is where it gets interesting. You have the potential to have two different types of variegation in  your f2. I suspect you will have more though as your number 5 is not showing a lot of purple in the leaf. I predict your f2, if you grow enough will have several with purple variegated leafs as well.

Number 1, Flourescent x Anaheim... I am not seeing the small leaves of the Flourescent nor am I seeing variegation... that tells me we have success there as well. The f2... again will be much better than the f1. Expect the f1 to have much smaller fruit than you will get in the f2, but expect that to be variable as you are dealing with traits that have many genes influencing them.

#3, should be variegated... the fact that it is not... tells me one of my pollen markers likely has fallen off and you have another hybrid. You will know for certain with a few more inches of growth. I feel it will be a blessing in disguise. Most of my crosses to Scarlett's Chili were things like Poblano, Anaheim, Morangum (C. chinense). 

skullbiker said:
Yabba Dabba Doo.........I gave it the glue!

attachicon.gif
DFC3B53E-DF0B-4EBC-9418-4FE2BB174808.jpeg

That number 5 is Capsicum annuum 'Uchu' x C. annuum 'Scarlett's Chili. Both of which have variegation. The Uchu was the fruit setter in this instance and has zero purple in it while the Scarlett's Chili has nice purple flowers.

I keep posting on your pictures largely because it excites me to see your progress. The proof of this cross is already showing for me in both the variegation and the flower. The fruit is next my friend. Congratulations on your work so far.

Marking the pedicle and flower with a black permanent marker/ sharpie will keep your cross easily identifiable. Another method I use however, is cutting a piece of drinking straw and placing it around the pedicle and or branch beneath the flowers if I am making a lot of the same cross on the same branch.

Remember as well that Capsicum annuum x C. chinense works well enough to get you some variegates in the f2 with a cross like this and since this is an f1, you could have 2-3 different variegated phenotypes very easily in the f2 if you decide to outcross. That is one of the benefits of having two different variegated genes in your f1.

To clarify, if you made an f1 x C. chinense cross for instance... you would still have f1 seed that you would be harvesting off the same plant you would also be harvesting your f2 seed. The f2 or selfed seed would remain variegated, but give you many different phenotypes. 

The outcrossed seed to your C. chinense would not likely show variegation until the f2 of that new cross however. There is however always a chance that with an interspecific cross you may have a mutation and get variegation or a new phenotype regardless as interspecific crosses are known to do that.

A group update photo.

76B5C027-E6D0-4FC1-B75E-56BCE7BE640D.jpeg

A couple of the variegated plants.

025DE556-C34D-4203-B806-E79BF0349EA5.jpeg

37E6E31F-3330-4240-AEA6-8B0E9AE842A7.jpeg

Here is the result of the flower I had previously taken a picture of.

96CD36FB-D687-4D0E-9705-62FF9BE3DB4E.jpeg

Unfortunately, even though a caveman could do it...........it would have to be a caveman without arthritic fingers! The flower I had glued shut got knocked off when I tried to put the little ring from a straw on it. Fortunately, there will likely be many more buds and flowers coming.

@PollenNut I appologize it's been a while since I've posted, but as I've been super busy. I just tried posting some photo's but I got an error saying I need an Extreme Membership for unlimited photos. Next pay day I will buy the Extreme Membership and post some photo's.

Approximately 2 weeks ago I transplanted my seedlings into 3 1/2" and 5" square containers, and I added another 4 bulb t5 to my grow box. When i added the extra light I think I left them too close to the plants because they got extremely sunburnt and a ton of leaves started dropping.

I nearly killed every one of my seedlings over a 48 hour period.... but your peppers are absolute beasts and every one of them pulled through and they're still kicking. One of them is variegated light purple, dark purple, white, light green, and dark green. It's a really pretty looking plant. I cant wait to post some photos for you.

My plants are definitely behind where skullbikers plants and mine are much uglier due to the sun burn but, they are still kicking and they'll recover in time for summer. A couple have already started to bud as well. Can't wait to post some pics for you.

skullbiker said:
That number 5 should give you at least two different types of variegation and the sulfur white immature color is still a possibility in the f2 should you grow enough of them. 

Suffice it to say, I am very impressed with your growing ability and now kick myself in butt for not sending you more seeds and much better crosses I have made. This season.... hit me up!

PollenNut said:
That number 5 should give you at least two different types of variegation and the sulfur white immature color is still a possibility in the f2 should you grow enough of them. 

Suffice it to say, I am very impressed with your growing ability and now kick myself in butt for not sending you more seeds and much better crosses I have made. This season.... hit me up!

Yea SB knows what he's doing

There are a ton of awesome growers here, sane enough to stay out of facebook pepper groups ha! Always have been. 

Hey! Started the seeds you sent today! I needed to germinate more seeds like I need a hole in the head, but I just couldn't wait until next season. I gotta see what you've done with the last three you sent. So I'll make room :)

I've really enjoyed harvesting the F1 fruit from your Variegatta x C Baccatum 'VSRP' cuttings. 

The F2 seeds have produced some incredible variations in the seedlings so far! Everything from looking like more F1 seedlings, to some that are deep dark chocolate purple stems, chocolate, purple, pink,  green and white variegata foliage. To taller completely WHITE FLOWERED almost perfect annum x bacattum. No corolla throat figuring you'd normally see. Zero color on those plants other than green, much taller, huge white flowers with zero purple. 

I'll post some shots here in a bit! 

VSRP F2

49786087593_8c8399037d_b.jpg

49786628301_5cc9d42849_b.jpg

49786627201_2b99ff3df6_b.jpg

49786948912_f6646e8bba_b.jpg

49786086963_ae9b657064_b.jpg

49786628076_7ab5fdb3ee_b.jpg

49786627841_a02915ede5_b.jpg

49786087753_6dee10a941_b.jpg

49786949442_654130ded1_b.jpg

Pepper-Guru said:
There are a ton of awesome growers here, sane enough to stay out of facebook pepper groups ha! Always have been. 

Hey! Started the seeds you sent today! I needed to germinate more seeds like I need a hole in the head, but I just couldn't wait until next season. I gotta see what you've done with the last three you sent. So I'll make room :)

I've really enjoyed harvesting the F1 fruit from your Variegatta x C Baccatum 'VSRP' cuttings. 

The F2 seeds have produced some incredible variations in the seedlings so far! Everything from looking like more F1 seedlings, to some that are deep dark chocolate purple stems, chocolate, purple, pink,  green and white variegata foliage. To taller completely WHITE FLOWERED almost perfect annum x bacattum. No corolla throat figuring you'd normally see. Zero color on those plants other than green, much taller, huge white flowers with zero purple. 

I'll post some shots here in a bit! 

VSRP F2

49786087593_8c8399037d_b.jpg

49786628301_5cc9d42849_b.jpg

49786627201_2b99ff3df6_b.jpg

49786948912_f6646e8bba_b.jpg

49786086963_ae9b657064_b.jpg

49786628076_7ab5fdb3ee_b.jpg

49786627841_a02915ede5_b.jpg

49786087753_6dee10a941_b.jpg

49786949442_654130ded1_b.jpg
I can promise you this much, you will get some variegated Morangum type hybrids in your f2 from the seeds you planted today. Unfortunately, you have f1.... so you have to go through an extra generation to see the magic. On a positive note, you will also be able to see many more possibilities in that seed than anyone else after you as there is only 1 f1 generation and everything after that is pure craziness. From what I've seen though, you will tease out all the possibilities worth teasing out in that f2. Just be sure to collect enough seed to ensure if you get some mutations that result in seedless fruit that you also have enough plants that some will have seeds.

I love seeing the beautiful flowers on your plants and your photos showcase that beauty much more than my photos ever could. Rest assured, any crosses worth having.... you will always have priority in getting those due to your ability to take awesome photos and more importantly your ability to produce some healthy fast growing plants. I think you put plant steroids in the water....Seriously speaking, your photos excite me as do Skullbiker's as both of you have some serious growing expertise.

Back