• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's Grow Log 2010

Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy.
I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year!
Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

Some Chocolate Habs

FadeToBlack said:
IMG_1510.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions or have experianced this issue please feel free to respond...

Thanks!

Hi Fade,

the picture above is a Broad mite attack, you need a 30x magnifying glass to see them very well..., the treatment consist of 2 sprays of abamectin and paraffinic oil, or organic rotenone/pyrethrum and paraffinic oil with a 3 day interval, because of the life cycle of the broad mite, in the first spray you kill the adults but the egg hatch in 2 days...so you need eliminate them too...example...you spray on monday, next spray is thursday...
you need to spray early in the morning...when temp is not hot, around 7am so you don't burn the leafs...

In a 16 liter backpack sprayer is 10cc or ml of abamectin and 25cc or ml of paraffinic oil...

hope it helps...

hector.jacob said:
Hi Fade,

the picture above is a Broad mite attack, you need a 30x magnifying glass to see them very well..., the treatment consist of 2 sprays of abamectin and paraffinic oil, or organic rotenone/pyrethrum and paraffinic oil with a 3 day interval, because of the life cycle of the broad mite, in the first spray you kill the adults but the egg hatch and 2 days...so you need eliminate them too...example...you spray on monday, next spray is thursday...
you need to spray early in the morning...when temp is not hot, around 7am so you don't burn the leafs...

In a 16 liter backpack sprayer is 10cc or ml of abamectin and 25cc or ml of paraffinic oil...

hope it helps...

Excellent info Hector. I just googled it and the pictures look very simular to the problem Brent is having.:)

Thank you for the info Hector. I have been spraying regularly but I dont have the products you listed.
So far most of them seem to be doing well.

FadeToBlack said:
Thank you for the info Hector. I have been spraying regularly but I dont have the products you listed.
So far most of them seem to be doing well.

Glad I can help, you can find them an any agriculture products shop, it's abamectin 1.8 EC, and insect oil...the bahamas they grow a lot of citrus..so they use acaricides...you should find it easy...

Update:

Here is a harvest i got today of Yellow and Red Scotch Bonnet, Morouga Red Hab and Chocolate Hab

P1000146.jpg

7 Pods, Bhuts, Bonda Ma Jacque, Mustard Hab and Congo Trinidad

P1000145.jpg

Fatali

P1000143.jpg

Naga Morich, Yellow Hab and Red Savina

P1000144.jpg

Here is a Bonda Ma Jacques plant that I never got around to transplanting untill recently.
I'm shocked at how big it was able to get in such a small container.

P1000148.jpg

Update:

7 pod's, Mustard Hab, Congo Trinidad, Nova Naga Cross (Bhut Jolokia dont appear to be true)

P1000201.jpg

Yellow Hab, Fatali's and Naga Morich

P1000199.jpg

Red Savina and Fatali on the right

P1000198.jpg

One of my Yellow 7 Pod's, it looks like its packing some serious venom.

P1000196.jpg

wow, that yellow 7 looks dangerous. Nice and bumpy. Your plants are really filling out nicely with lots of growth over the past 2 weeks.

Nice lookin harvest back on the 27th. Don't know how I missed that, must have been on vaca for Memorial day. Those two Fatallis look great too, very healthy! And the Yellow 7 just looks menacing as all hell haha! Keep up the good work, Fade.

Thanks all for your kind comments. Plants have really started growing nicely since summer has started rolling around

I took some more pod pics today.

P1000202.jpg

Red Savina's

P1000203.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques

P1000205.jpg

Mustard Hab

P1000206.jpg

False Bhut Jolokia, no idea what it is

Man I scrolled down to the last photo and scared myself! Jump back!

Great looking pepper farm you got going Fade. Man those yellow 7's be lookin' a tad brain strainy. I don't envy you when it comes time to be tasting one of those.

Back