• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fade's Grow Log 9 - 21 - 09

say whuh whuh whuh . u don't know what compost tea is. well pull up a seat.
basically its putting compost or manure or guano or worm casting n a large bucket with water adding a tbsp of mallases or brow sugar stirring daily until a week or 11 days and its the fertilizer that will make a sugar banana weigh 9.5 lbs. It like roids for plants and it works.And its cheep 2.
This is my forum below

http://www.helpfulgardener.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17097&sid=254e79bdf81f7b1ce2a1489df20ea68b

http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/articles/brewing-compost-tea.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=compost+tea&search_type=&aq=f

thaere u r. Dont know what compost tea is come on man. Hope this helps !!

I have had this problem with the new growth on some of my plants becomming disfigured then drying up and falling off.
All the plants look perfectly healthy and some dont have this problem.
I have tried repotting a few with bonemeal and lime ammended to the soil and didn't see any changed between the ones that were not repotted.
The only thing I can think of that is causing this at this point is from spraying the new growth for aphids a few weeks back.
I had used a mild soap and water solution to spray the aphids off with a bit of preasure. I had only treated some of the plants due to others not having any aphids at all.

I know I have posted this question is another thread but its killing me not having a an answer at this point.

ANyway here are some pics to compare.

IMG_1472.jpg

White Hab, which you can see milds symptoms at the top of the plant.

IMG_1473.jpg

Red Scotch Bonnet, perfectly healthy

IMG_1475.jpg

Chocolate Hab, perfecly healthy

IMG_1476.jpg

Bhut Jolokia, perfectly healthy

Here are three Caribbean Red's that have the problem. Keep in mind there are more plants that are like this, these are just a few samples.

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

Would it be better if i just cut the abnormal stuff off?
Or just let it take its course?

peppermanbaha said:
say whuh whuh whuh . u don't know what compost tea is. well pull up a seat.
basically its putting compost or manure or guano or worm casting n a large bucket with water adding a tbsp of mallases or brow sugar stirring daily until a week or 11 days and its the fertilizer that will make a sugar banana weigh 9.5 lbs. It like roids for plants and it works.And its cheep 2.
This is my forum below

http://www.helpfulgardener.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17097&sid=254e79bdf81f7b1ce2a1489df20ea68b

http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/articles/brewing-compost-tea.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=compost+tea&search_type=&aq=f

thaere u r. Dont know what compost tea is come on man. Hope this helps !!

Of course I dont know what it is, ive been growing for a few months lol.

Thanks for the info though!

FadeToBlack said:
Here are three Caribbean Red's that have the problem. Keep in mind there are more plants that are like this, these are just a few samples.

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

Would it be better if i just cut the abnormal stuff off?
Or just let it take its course?

Seems to be IMO to be one of 3 things to much fertilizer or missing some nutrient or aphids. Curled leaves are common with fertilizer burn or aphid damage but you did not mention aphids.I know fertilizer burn would seem strange giving the excellent health of your other plants. What kind of fertilizer do you use?Over watering might cause this damage too.Give us a run down of your care regiment so we can help track down the problem.

Kevin

I only water when the pot feel light and the soil gets dry, I dont wait for wilting.
Fertilize once every 2 weeks with MG Tomato food 18-18-21, and they have had 1 tbl spoon each of organic bone meal so far for calcium.
Foliar feed with epsom salt solution once a week, 1tbl spn per gallon.

I also have some Jalapeno and Holy Mole plants in the ground that did the exact same thing and they have yet to be fertilized.

IMG_1471.jpg

All the new growth that comes out of the top middle of the plant has died and dropped off.

The forum seems to be kinda slow lately :(

Here is a small harvest I picked this morning.
Will be really interesting when I have multiple varieties ripe at the same time.

IMG_1480.jpg

Just looks like lack of aeration to me. That's causing pathogenic necrosis.
The soil can't get any oxygen for aerobic bacterial activity. Likewise the roots can't get any air. Poke some holes in the soil or add some moss or bark, or something to increase air pockets around the roots. I don't like using perlite for this though because it makes a mess and sometimes just floats away.

FWIW and all that stuff:

I did a fair amount of reading on the possibility of using compost tea as an ingredient in a hydro system and a couple of studies showed a possibility of the produce containing e. coli if molasses is used.

To me, even though lots of people have safely been doing it, the risk outweighs the benefits of molasses.

Mike

I pinched some curled leaves off of my beni highlands which wa sdoing awesome now there is no new growth i would recommend not pinching the new curled leaves off the old ones no prob but the new ones may stunt and confuse plant at least this is what happend to one of my plants.

Here are some pics of the plants i repotted in the Pro-Mix

IMG_1485.jpg

White Habanero (all of these are suffering the same issue)

New growth still appears to be curling badly and seems to be very brittle and dry.

IMG_1488.jpg

Caribbean Red (All of these are suffing the same issue)

Still appears to be having the same problem.

IMG_1489.jpg

Chocolate Habanero (None of these plants have the leaf curl)

IMG_1490.jpg

Red Scotch Bonnet (Some are fine some have leaf curl)

Is there any common items I could use to make a liquid calcium suppliment?
Like disolving some tums are vitamins?
I just want to try and find out if its calcium related,because the bone meal appears to take very long to break down.

Back