• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fade's Grow Log 9 - 21 - 09

FadeToBlack said:
Well it looks like I have my answer about direct sun at my location.

I had my seedlings out there for about 6 hours and have noticed some sun burn on a few of the leaves. Also lost 1 Bhut Jolokia which just scringed up and keeled over. This also happened with moist soil so they werent thirsty. So I will keep them in the back porch where they are shaded most of the day untill late afternoon with 1-2 hour direct sun.
Trial and error I guess.
Wow I somehow missed this thread. You got plants everywhere! Your ground soil looks real good.
Bhuts don't like overly wet roots unless the soil is very airy. They won't grow new roots if they are too wet, under-aerated and not in bright light . Even though it was too wet, the few healthy roots it had weren't enough to keep it hydrated for long under intense sunlight. It could have handled it a little at a time though, because the stress from the gentle hardening process would cause it to grow roots to correct it's situation of rootlessness.;)

ABurningMouth said:
Wow I somehow missed this thread. You got plants everywhere! Your ground soil looks real good.
Bhuts don't like overly wet roots unless the soil is very airy. They won't grow new roots if they are too wet, under-aerated and not in bright light . Even though it was too wet, the few healthy roots it had weren't enough to keep it hydrated for long under intense sunlight. It could have handled it a little at a time though, because the stress from the gentle hardening process would cause it to grow roots to correct it's situation of rootlessness.;)

The soil I have is rust colored clay like soil which seems to do very well for peppers. As far as the Bhuts, I have three that are strapping teenagers now and are doing very well :lol:

10-28-09

I know I update this way too much!
But what can I say, I love taking pic's :)

IMG_1361.jpg

These are comming along nicely

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

Oftentimes you'll notice plants do significantly better planted in ground compared to pots. Hopefully they all turn out to be trees for ya. Keep the pics comin!

Well I think I finally have some solid evidence to possitivly identify my mystery peppers.

Im pretty certain after discovering these pods that they are in fact a yellow scotch bonnet. Every pod on this plant have the traditional scotch bonnet pod shape. All 8 of these plants came from seeds out of the same pod. I guess some just dont grow to conventional shape.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

This is a larger pod with different shape on a different plant.

i 've just realize that u and i have the same mystery pepper. they rpen to orangey yellow and r super hot.
I'll upload pics soon. It may be true since we both live in the bahamas.

peppermanbaha said:
i 've just realize that u and i have the same mystery pepper. they rpen to orangey yellow and r super hot.
I'll upload pics soon. It may be true since we both live in the bahamas.

They are definatly not for the faint of heart thats for sure.

Back