• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Fantasy football? (League Full)

BPP you still going to eat a pepper and pull the draft order out of a Dallas Cowboys hat this afternoon?

I absolutely am! I just have one meeting today at 130 est and then when I get home i will do it and post it up! I'm thinking 7 pot Jonah or a moruga cross that I ended up with. Let's see if the fins can lose all 4 preseason games!

just heard on the radio they haven't even had a lead in any of the preseason games so far! HAHAHAHA

Hey, looks like we have 12 teams again!

I say when the playoffs come around, we have a postseason pick'em challenge amongst us. Winner should get some more stuff!
We could include Conor too since he had to bow out, but was with us all from the beginning.

so I've never done Injured Reserve for Fantasy Football. If I get it right, lets say I draft arron rodgers and he gets injured the first game. I can put him on IR and pick up someone new until a later point? Anyone want to fill me in on the specifics?

I was just looking for that earlier today, it is buried on page 1,923 of the rule book!

"Players who are eligible for the Injured Reserve (IR) are designated with an asterisk and a "IR" in red. To move a player on your team to an IR slot click on the "Manage IR" link at the top of your team page. This link will only appear in leagues which use IR slot(s).
IR-eligible players can only be moved to the IR slot from your active roster or bench. Players can not be added directly to your IR slot from free agency, as you must first add the player to an open bench slot.
To move a player from your IR back to your active roster or bench, click on the "Manage IR" link at the top of the Team page and activate the player."

So, it isn't like some leagues where you can just stash a player or two. Oh well, that's cool and good to know up front.

I haven't liked ESPN FF in the past, but it seems as though they have made adjustments. I'd say it is just as good so far as NFL.com.....gotta see how the live scoring goes. Great so far though

Arian Foster will be injured by week 4. Probably a hamstring. Just sayin....

lmao about AF. Their live scoring is really good. The phone app is great. I loved it last year. Really enjoyable and if you are not around a tv, you can still watch the game on your phone in the app. It isn't the live game, it's more like a football field with objects representing players. It's better than nothing and pretty cool if you ask me.

we start at 8 PM EST.

ok here is how IR works haha: it does not follow the TRUE NFL IR in any way. say you have mike vick and he gets injured. Then next week it is determined that he will not play. He will have an "O" next to him and you are able to put him on the IR for that week and pick up another player. Then when he is not injured and the "O" goes away you will have to drop a player to get him back on your bench or in your lineup. You can also drop players that are in the IR if you have some schmuck that ends up being out for the season. I had Darren McFadden on and off my IR all year last year.

Getting ready to make the video now!

did ya'll watch the SAINTS and HOUSTON game.. this past weekend.. these refs suck.... they didnt even know what they were saying.. first it was FALSE START.. then it was changed to OFFSIDES!!

good luck ya'll

dont get me started on the refs. anyone remember that Steelers VS Dolphins game where big ben fumbled the ball trying to score the game winning TD and the regs blew it. so awful.

here is the draft order!

We should all probably chip in 5 cents each to buy Ryan a ream of paper!

haha no kidding! I just got done moving over the weekend and its a whole new place. cant find the damn scratch paper! I do have a huge deck here and wanted to do an outside video. The rain came just in time to ruin it though haha.

i still taste that 7 pot jonah every burp!

i'm going to eat something at the start of the draft for good luck, probably a black naga if I have the right beer.

for those of you who have done an ESPN draft before, will there be a link on the league page to the draft when the time comes?
I'm looking and looking but don't see anything. Probably just be patient I'm guessing.

Again, awesome video man!!

holy chit mang...you wrote these down after eating a jonah??? wow dude,and daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum:)

You sir are the true BIGPAPA!

lol

While I'm here,I need everyone's opinion on my Hall of Fame Fantasy Football induction speech...should I start with:

Thank you to all the haters,for hating me so much,and winning so little....

OR

I'm the best,peace im out bizznatch's!(short but to the point).....

i think the reapers are going to take this league! haha i dont know if i can eat any more hot peppers today. im kinda drunk too haha. thats when i do my best drafting!

The ESPN draft lobby should open 1 hour prior to the draft. see you folks in there!

Back