Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw

Gotrox said:
Ordered mine yesterday---yes, quite a bit more than I paid for reapers.

For next season.

Cross with a reaper would be a ---what?

Carolina Jigsaw?
Fatal Reaper? (seems a bit redundant)

Maybe something simple, like
"Muerte Pepper" ?.
"Cojones del Diablo" ?
:dance:
What about Hack-saw?? :rofl:

I really recommend trying the method I linked.

Using that method I have successfully germinated tens of thousands of chile plants with it and over 2500 varieties, including the most diffucult-to-germinate wild chiles. Perhaps I just was extra lucky with Jigsaws getting 80-90% germination here.

-J

Me:
Sounds good. But there are still people who ARE having poor germ rates. All respectable knowledgable growers.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2013, at 10:04, Jukka Kilpinen <fatalii@sci.fi> wrote:

That still sounds very strange as we have germinated a LOT of jigsaws for our commercial greenhouse with great germination rates. I was prepared to sow more if needed but we actually got more than we needed. I have also seen many trays filled with jigsaws on my email sent by people around the world.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Thought it was just me.

@$2.60 they should germ like maters

Again. I'm the same person who got a pack that had 5 seeds of which 2 were dead and brown

I bought 5 seeds and 2 were crushed. The 3 seeds I had all germinated fine. I used Rapid Rooters, kept pretty moist and left the heat mat on the warmer side (85 plus) . I just tend to go a little warmer and wetter than some. It seems to work for me.
This is the smallest one. Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• may 21 and Ghana 1271.jpg
    may 21 and Ghana 1271.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 55
I will try crossing the reaper and jigsaw if you guys would like to see that as I will be growing both together. Also if anyone else would like to suggest a cross I will check if I can grow that certain variety to cross it with

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
I really recommend trying the method I linked.

Using that method I have successfully germinated tens of thousands of chile plants with it and over 2500 varieties, including the most diffucult-to-germinate wild chiles. Perhaps I just was extra lucky with Jigsaws getting 80-90% germination here.

-J

Me:
Sounds good. But there are still people who ARE having poor germ rates. All respectable knowledgable growers.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 22, 2013, at 10:04, Jukka Kilpinen <fatalii@sci.fi> wrote:

That still sounds very strange as we have germinated a LOT of jigsaws for our commercial greenhouse with great germination rates. I was prepared to sow more if needed but we actually got more than we needed. I have also seen many trays filled with jigsaws on my email sent by people around the world.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Thought it was just me.

@$2.60 they should germ like maters

Again. I'm the same person who got a pack that had 5 seeds of which 2 were dead and brown
Wow, so is he saying anything about replacing seeds?

I just emailed him a bit ago, and was hoping for a bit of sympathy.....

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
doeesnt seem like it
Well, he responded to my email in much the same way he responded to yours.
So when I replied, I specifically asked if he had any sort of guarantee on his seeds.
Awaiting his answer.....

Unfortunately no vendor can give a 100% guarantee on seeds germinating ... they can feel bad and send you replacements if they see fit (out of generosity) but the amount of variables with each different person having a different growing/germination environment and technique makes it impossible to guarantee anything in regards to germination.

Shipping methods on the other hand are entirely up to the vendor and they should ensure the seeds get to the destination in perfect shape, no excuses (excepting freak accidents).  Also the quality of the seeds put into the pack should be top notch with no excuses for dead/withered seeds.

But once that packet leaves in the post, the Vendor really has no responsibility anymore (except what their good will or lack of dictates).

The only thing you can do if you get duped or feel duped by a vendor really is vote with your feet and not go back.  Word of mouth in a community like this is the best marketing tool you can get.

Yeah, i'm just hoping he takes care of those of us with little or no germination.

Pepperjoe gets flak for abrasive comments, but when I had a pack of his seeds not germ well, he sent more, and also more freebies.
The replacements germed nicely.

So I for one will buy again from vendors that stand behind their seeds.

And honestly, 20 euros is a big price to pay for seeds that disappoint.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that:

If it is a pack of ten seeds for a couple bucks, and they don'r pop....hey no big deal....

However, if it is a pack of 5 seeds for 10 euros, they had better pop at a good percentage for that kind of money!
And if they don't germ, well....make it right....

i would love to grow this but i wont pay the price lol, maybe once a million people are growing it ill get cheaper seeds..lol

Balduvian said:
i would love to grow this but i wont pay the price lol, maybe once a million people are growing it ill get cheaper seeds..lol
By then someone would have created another "must grow" variety that costs too much haha ... its a never ending cycle

Sucks some folks are having issues with the seeds. Fatalii is a pretty reputable vendor that carries a great variety of hard to find seeds. I for one was put off by the price tag on this first round of seeds...there's a bit excessive and then there is just plain nuts. He probably should have grown out another big batch and offered them at a bit better price...can't really blame him for wanting to cash in before everyone starts doing a SASBE with them in it, but $2 seeds...nah.

stc3248 said:
Sucks some folks are having issues with the seeds. Fatalii is a pretty reputable vendor that carries a great variety of hard to find seeds. I for one was put off by the price tag on this first round of seeds...there's a bit excessive and then there is just plain nuts. He probably should have grown out another big batch and offered them at a bit better price...can't really blame him for wanting to cash in before everyone starts doing a SASBE with them in it, but $2 seeds...nah.
$2.60 EA my friend....

1/10... awesome rate... ive spoken to a few.. even a man whos got over 200,000 plants and he said his germ rate sucks..

the cheese stands alone

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
$2.60 EA my friend....
While I fully understand your frustration and point, I do have friends that spend thousands for bicycles, tens of thousands for Hifi gear and so on...

If compared, 2.60 for a year full of joy and happiness isn't all that much.

What do you get for this price @ McD?

Cheers Al

Well figure if somebody buys these seeds in the us its what like 25 dollars. If I was hoping to grow indoors and bought two hids 5 hydro buckets. Hydro nutes, a tent, etc.. it could easily hit 1500 and I get 5 seeds 2 black and 3 crushed best believe I would be mad

It's not a Samsung or a Pinarello...it's one freakin seed. Lets think...one plant conservative estimate 100 pods (should be way higher) X 20 seeds per pod X $2.60=$5200 profit on seeds per plant grown X say 100 plants??? $520,000!!! Those estimates are all pretty low too. Too much for seeds! If you enjoy them that's great...I'll enjoy the cheaper ones!

Back