• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fatali Ice Cream

Today I made Old fashioned vanilla ice cream for family with some heat twist added to it :)

Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream

With Pineapple and Fatali

4 egg yolks

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1 vanilla bean

2 cups milk

2 cups heavy cream

1. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until thickened and pale yellow. Set aside.

2. Slit vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape seeds into a medium saucepan. Add vanilla pod, milk and cream. Please saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes, allowing the flavor of vanilla to infuse.

3. Discard pod. Bring mixture to a simmer over low heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Gradually whisk into the egg mixture.

4. Return entire mixture to the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly , until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Be careful not to let it boil. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold or over night.

5. Stir cream mixture. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

Note: Before ice cream set inside the maker add finally pre cut FROZEN fatali pepper and pineapple. For this recipe I used 1/4 fatali pepper and 1/2 cup pineapple

Enjoy

DSC02381.jpg

yes that looks and sounds great!

one of the 1st experiments i tried with my fatali peppers was adding pieces to edy's coconut and pineapple ice cream. it was excellent, far better than i imagined really, and i think the pineapple was why not the coconut. i'm going to buy a can of crushed pineapple and some edy's (my favorite ice cream) vanilla. it should be a great winter since i have quite a few fatali's in the freezer!

Thanks guys.Glad you like it. My other half suggested to try to use some other fruits. I'll let you know how that adventure went. :lol:

how was it could u taste the fatalii. i bet thefresh was better.
It was nice. Next time I would definitely tweak recipe and go with less fatali and more fruit and maybe go with peaches instead of pineapple for natural sweetness. I made a mistake while mixing fruits with ice cream mix earlier than I should’ve, so ice cream didn’t get set quickly. On the end it was nice to experiment and taste something new. :)

oooo that looks yummy!!

Thanks Joe

Back