• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii Question

I'm really curious what this pepper taste like!! i have a few seeds in the germ. I have eaten many Caribbean reds. Is the heat simmilar and is the taste simmular? I have heard its more "citrusy". What do you guys think?
Thanks

Stinky said:
I'm really curious what this pepper taste like!! i have a few seeds in the germ. I have eaten many Caribbean reds. Is the heat simmilar and is the taste simmular? I have heard its more "citrusy". What do you guys think?
Thanks

Why spoil the Surprise lol,If you love the c.reds the heat of these
will make you indeed happy or red faced there really hot..Somewhere in between a Hab Chocolate and Bhutt Jolikia and one the deepest citrusy tastes of any pepper..A real surprise of Flavor :P

Just used some in a BBQ rub....I love the smell (rather pungent and sweet) and heat from it is quite nice in moderation for most people....my dad doesnt like the taste or smell of the Devil's Tongue, Fatalii, or Trinidad Perfume

Go figure...

From what It sounds like I will be having a long and torturing 5 months to taste this hot pod! Time just can't go faster :)

TheJollyRancher said:
Just used some in a BBQ rub....I love the smell (rather pungent and sweet) and heat from it is quite nice in moderation for most people....my dad doesnt like the taste or smell of the Devil's Tongue, Fatalii, or Trinidad Perfume

Go figure...

Mmmm sounds good. Today I will be making jerk chicken with some nagas :) can't wait!!

TheJollyRancher said:

Go figure...

Doesnt like the smell,They smell fantastic indeed :)

Yeah...when I was drying them the garage smelled fantastic...when I opened the vacuum sealed jars the other day it just took me back to August!...I dont know how to describe it...pungent, hot, and sweet?

You just know there was a bunch of little fireballs on the racks and it lasted that way for about 2 weeks!

TheJollyRancher said:
Yeah...when I was drying them the garage smelled fantastic...when I opened the vacuum sealed jars the other day it just took me back to August!...I dont know how to describe it...pungent, hot, and sweet?

You just know there was a bunch of little fireballs on the racks and it lasted that way for about 2 weeks!

Dont think theres a better description than that,If you can get any Devils tongue seeds try that to very similar peppers just a slightly different taste,A friend grows devils,Fatalii and Datils together makes them into sauce and the most amazing powder with all three combined and off course either are great on there own :)

I have here some fatalii. lemme smell.

very citrusy. extremely fragrant. i can't compare it to much, because i know nothing that smells like one. the taste is very good and it's immediately hot. way hotter than a hab, but nowhere near as hot as a bhut jolokia. it mixes well with sweet fruits, but is equally good complementing savory foods. I love it in scrambled eggs or on a cheeseburger.

I cant wait for these seeds to germinate! The description sound so good.
How long do these seeds usually take to germinate!

I love Fatalii's in sandwiches. I'd say it's a mixture of Trinidad Scorpions and Orange/lemon Habs, even that's not very accurate.

Stinky said:
I cant wait for these seeds to germinate! The description sound so good.
How long do these seeds usually take to germinate!

Depending on the circumstances (temps, soaked or not, in soil or jiffys or rockwool or on a towel.....) it can take anything from a few days to some weeks. I'd say a week or two is a good estimate, but don't give up on them if they need longer. I've had seeds germinating after a month's time.

Fatalii are some of the most tasty of the really hot peppers. If you wanna try them before you get pods on your plants, I'd suggest trying CaJohn's Fatalii Puree. It's really good and you can use it on and for nearly anything, even as a sauce base.

Chiliac said:
Depending on the circumstances (temps, soaked or not, in soil or jiffys or rockwool or on a towel.....) it can take anything from a few days to some weeks. I'd say a week or two is a good estimate, but don't give up on them if they need longer. I've had seeds germinating after a month's time.

Fatalii are some of the most tasty of the really hot peppers. If you wanna try them before you get pods on your plants, I'd suggest trying CaJohn's Fatalii Puree. It's really good and you can use it on and for nearly anything, even as a sauce base.

Back