• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatalli Sprouted!!!

I'm stoked. Planted several seeds on 5/10 that I ordered from Peppergal. When I got home from work, the Fatalli has sprouted. I'm hoping the others follow within the next couple of days.

Will post a picture tomorrow. This is my first year growing, peppers that is, so I'm excited that I at least got some sprouts. Nothing so for has grown big enough to warrant up-potting to something larger. Although I do have a tabasco and a jap that I had to perform cpr to bring them back. They are looking good.

Go ahead ad laugh. All of the professionals on this site is probably thinking I am cheesy for being overly excited. Maybe I am, but I want these plants to produce some peppers. Can't get anything decent around here other than jalapeno's, anaheims and poblano's.

Well let me be the first to say, that in no way is this "cheesy" at all! Im excited for you man, you're well on your way to opening up your mind and body to new levels of warmth! Just remember, that fatalli is gonna be the hottest thing you've grown out to date, so treat her with respect and loving nourishment; think soil, sun, root space, an you'll be fine! Good luck and GROW ON! Lets see some pics of that baby!

There is nothing to laugh about, my friend. We all start somewhere, and no matter what any chile pepper veteran says, they were all novices at some point. I am in my third season of growing and I still have plenty left to learn. I also think people on this board respond just as fondly to enthusiasm as they do experience, otherwise I wouldn't be a member. I hope your fatali's turn out well! I am growing them for the first time myself, and they are some of my best looking plants...

Thanks Pepper-Guru & dj. I appreciate the kind words. . I will post some pictures tomorrow as she is just waking up. I just hope I don't kill it. The soil is part of the problem here in Louisiana. All I can get my hands on is MG and some other off brands. I'll be making some of my own tomorrow, so it will be ready when she gets bigger.

GROW, Baby, GROW!

And heck no you ain't silly for being excited. When our first seeds sprouted, I went running into the house to get the kid to come out and look at 'em. We were all excited and doing high fives.

Back in high school when I was growing from seed, I'd run out into the garage every morning before school to see if anything had sprouted yet :rofl:

Procrastination pvaudio. I've been thinking about growing peppers and went to lowes one day and they had some habs and japs so i bought one of each. When I got home, I got online and found this site and now i am hooked. Not to mention the Saints were in the playoffs and then to the SB, so I really didn't have time to devout to the peppers. Now, my old lady, I mean wife, says I spend too much time with the peppers so I told her at least they don't talk back. Ha Ha. Anyway,s that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have about 20 plants/seedlings and I figured being my first year, that I would kind of get my feet wet and start learning the ropes. If I can get 50% of my plants to grow and produce peppers, I will be happy. I have some seeds that are stored in my fridge for nxt year, which I plan on getting an early start.

As they saym better late than never. The weather here does not start to turn cool until late Sept or Oct, so I am hoping to have enough time to get the plants going.

Congrats! I can tell you that I know exactly how you feel. This is my first year and I found myself checking them every few hours to see if anymore had sprouted or if they had grow more. Ya, I know...nerd! But, ya know...who cares, it's great fun and very exciting. I wish you the best of luck in your grow season and look forward to seeing your pics.

I find myself checking them all the time. It's like I am obsessed. It is fun and it feels like an acomplishment when a seed sprouts. but I guess the real acomplishment is when the plants thrive and produce fruit. So that's what I am looking for.
Hey Dark, maybe it's time to head back to Louisiana. The New Orleans Police Dept is looking for a few good people. But being in Hawaii, you probably have a very long growing season.

I'm looking forward to trying the different pepeprs I have planted as I have never eaten anything other than a jalapeno and a couple of other mild peppers.

woohoo! This is my first year in many to attempt to grow ANYTHING -I'm as excited as you are. check on em twice a day and ask silly questions. The folk here are great and patient with us newbies. I Friend hooked me on hotter peppers sending me samples, I looked at pics here and had to grow them because they look so cool. I've got fatali's started. too, and Aji limons and scorpions-13 plants in all. My habs didnt take so I'll be looking at the plant booths at the market these next few weeks, just so I can have an even 15 plants (yeah, right) -and I check on mine at least twice a day, too!

Seeing everyone on this site grow hot peppers has made me want to try and grow my own. I figured I would take it slow this year and only plant a few different varieties. I have a few Bhuts, a naga, fatalli, datil, long red slim, habanero, tabasco, banana pepper, almapaprika and a poblano. Probably too many for my first year. But if I can get 50% to grow, i would be happy. Most of my seeds were planted late, like 5/1 or after so everything that has sprouted is still very small.

chilehead70301 said:
Procrastination pvaudio. I've been thinking about growing peppers and went to lowes one day and they had some habs and japs so i bought one of each. When I got home, I got online and found this site and now i am hooked. Not to mention the Saints were in the playoffs and then to the SB, so I really didn't have time to devout to the peppers. Now, my old lady, I mean wife, says I spend too much time with the peppers so I told her at least they don't talk back. Ha Ha. Anyway,s that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have about 20 plants/seedlings and I figured being my first year, that I would kind of get my feet wet and start learning the ropes. If I can get 50% of my plants to grow and produce peppers, I will be happy. I have some seeds that are stored in my fridge for nxt year, which I plan on getting an early start.

As they saym better late than never. The weather here does not start to turn cool until late Sept or Oct, so I am hoping to have enough time to get the plants going.
Couldn't be more right; better late than never. Unfortunately for me in Indiana, you never know when late is let alone if ever will ever happen. Two days ago it was 48. On Monday it will be 91. How's that for midwest weather :lol:

that sucks. It's been in the low to mid 90's here for quite some time. it's been real windy so I have not been able to put my plants outside. My habanero, jalapeno and tabasco are sitting by my front door entrance. the wind is blocked and it gets about a 1/2 day of sun. If the wind would ever die down, I would be able to start putting some plants outside.

Back