favorite Favorite Burger Joints?

Those guys over at A Hamburger Today rock! I admit to carousing over at that site too. Those cats talk burgers with all the lust we talk peppers. I happen to think they go well together. If you dig burgers, dat's the place to be!
Cheers ya'll, TB.

i've never heard of it before. have to say though, it looks really damn good. 10 lbs....not sure if i could make it! that's a LOT of food, especially the fries..they fill me up pretty fast.

Thats not a Burger......This is a Burger....

Humongusburger.jpg

:lol:

For those of you coming here for the Fiery Foods Show in March, there's an old diner here called The Owl. The inside hasn't changed since it was built and has hand formed burgers. One of their specials is the Green Chile Cheeseburger. Now, it's not huge like those above, but it's good. Damn good. You can even get an ice cold beer to go along with it.

I'll be more than happy to go with anyone attending the show, or when you might be swinging by this neck of the woods....errr..desert.

Sickmont said:
I'm gonna have to to a three-way-tie....
1.)Duffy's tavern on Anna Maria Island
2.)Skinny's about a mile away from Duffy's(and they have dollar mugs of bud draught!)
3.) The Biff Burger in St. Petersburg(oldest burger joint on the west coast of florida....built in the mid 50's and hasn't changed much since!)
Anybody comes to this side of Florida while i'm still here and i'll take ya out these places.

you got an address for any of the 3, a buddy lives in Safety Harbour, just outside of Clearwater, Fl.

Sauceman said:
you got an address for any of the 3, a buddy lives in Safety Harbour, just outside of Clearwater, Fl.

The Biff is the closest to him. Here's the addy:3939 49th Street N. St Petersburg, FL.(http://www.biffburgers.com/)
Honestly, he's probably been there before....i don't think i've met anybody who's been here for more than a year and hasn't at least heard about it.

The other two are a bit further south of him(closer to me). Duffy's addy is:5808 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, FL (http://www.duffystavernami.com/)

and Skinny's addy is:3901 Gulf Drive
Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
Ths closest thing to a website they have is: http://www.floridasecrets.com/Restaurants/SW/skinnys.htm

Hope that helps.

Thanks man,
Ill pass the info on to him. Hey maybe it's like you said. He might have gone there already. He's been in that area for about 9 years now.

ok I might get some grief but this is a turkey burger I had earlier using what I had. dont get me wrong I like hamburgers too but I also like turkey burgers.

turkey burger sauteed/fried in olive oil
cheddar cheese (block type - leftover from thanksgiving)
sauteed onions,garlic,parsley & thyme in olive oil
chow chow topping (green/yellow stuff)
w/fresh caribbean red hab chips
bbq sauce

DSCF0003.jpg

CH..I agree with Passow..that's a sandwich..not a true burger. So why do I still want to eat the damn thang'? Dude that pic is making me hungry!! Cheers, TB.

Derf's Cafe in Santa Barbara, CA and Huey's in Memphis are the two best burger joints I've had the pleasure of frequenting. Both have jalapeno burgers of different variations.

yea yea I know its not a TRUE hamburger but it was still tasty. as for the bun deal, well is a bun not bread ? & sandwich bread still bread ? (which I dont like white bread prefer good wheat bread but it was there so I used it) so its all good IMO & with sandwich bread you can fill'er up with stuff & be able to hold them all in on w/o all the stuff falling off the sides of the burger. but to each their own.

if I had all my prefered ingredients then the burger/sandwich would be different. most of my meals are thrown together at the last moment. plus MN is huge on turkey production so turkey is plentyful around here,cheap, & tasty.

My favorite local place to have a burger is at The Star Cafe down in the Stockyards. I'm also a big fan of the Athens Burger at Love & War In Texas. One of the best burgers I've ever had was at Ed's Easy Diner in London down in Soho, I'd been in London for a week and was craving a burger so I hit up Ed's and had an awesome bacon cheeseburger.

There used to be a place in Bells, Tx that my family had been going to since the early 50s but it looks like it closed up shop 7 years ago.

If you ever find yourself out east Texas way near Lake Tawakoni you should hit up Oakley's Burgers in Quinlan. I haven't been there in going on 13 years but they had amazing burgers back in the day

I do like 5 Guys...I love the sauteed onions and fresh ones with peppers & BBQ sauce. I usually get it w/ everything & a fork.

Although my own turkey & Blue cheese burgers are better!

Back