• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Comfort Food?

hot ham and cheese sandwiches. should've taken a picture last night..just was too hungry to stop. :lol:

put down a little no stick spray on a cast iron skillet..coated the bread with butter threw it in there. put a slice of american on each slice then put on several thin slices of ham. let that go for a little, then scoop up one side and put them together as one. put on some garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and this "everglades heat" i have. it's just basically "spicy" seasoned salt. good stuff..not really that hot though. flip it..do the same to the other side. then i poured some intensity academy 'chup for dipping as i ate it.

last night when i made it, i also added some kato's island sauce before putting the two sides together in the skillet.

if you wanted to really spice it up, add sliced peppers to the cheese before putting the ham on top. i was just being lazy so left that step out. also, if you want to grill the ham on it's own for a little, that is always good too.

texas blues both frying pans I use are cast thats my small one there..the wife has some glass and aluminum pans and I dont like them too much at all and lol cheese makes anything good!!

bentalphanerd said:
Try this:
Cut the stem off a hab (without slicing it), poured melted 70% chocolate into it & sit it in the freezer to set for an hour. It was solid when I took it out so sliced it up into rings nice & thin & layered it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
think ill try that very soon it sounds gooooood

XG...now we have to suffer with grilled cheese sammiches??? That has to be most folks all time fav....that is ...sans the pic of the Virgin Mary in the sammich. My fave grilled cheese is...

Egg Bread
Tillamook Cheddar
Baby dills, sliced
Pickled japs
Chunky blue cheese dressing

I get a cast iron up to medium to low heat, pat of butter melting. Make the sandwich with blue cheese dressing in lieu of mayo, slice the dills and load on the sammich with the cheese and japs. Flip it once when golden brown and gooey.

If it wasn't for the tamales in my fridge beggin' attention right now, I'd be making that!

Cheers, TB.

PP...horseradish is your friend! Love the stuff on sammiches, especially ruben's, and beef and pork. Welcome to the forum.
Cheers, TB.

for some reason, i just can't stand horseradish. not a fan of wasabi either..though i hear most of the wasabi state-side is not traditional/real wasabi. i have had several different bags/containers of rice crackers from japan, from various companies, that had wasabi in them, and i didn't like those either. i'm ok with the heat, the flavor just doesn't sit right with me.

we have a very nice sized patch growing here.
I told Pharmer Laura, (also a member here, and, of course, my wife,)
that the last big harvest a friend and I did, we ended up out on his deck with the food processor...because of the
tear/:drooling:snot/cough Factor...she thought it would be ok to do it in the kitchen...Guess where we ended up finishing?;) :scared: ermmm..Love ya Hon, told ya so:whistle:

Tonight's meatloaf ya'll...

garlic
yellow onion
ground sirloin
worcestershire sauce
shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
2 eggs
dried rolled oats
seasalt
fresh cracked pepper

The eggs and oatmeal are for binding the whole 'thang together.
Cheezy meaty goodness! Into the oven @400.

0170.jpg

Should be done in an hour or so...

Cheers, TB.

Rolled oats... i like your style. Only thing is i'd add a few diced peppers for shits and grins.

Txclosetgrower said:
Rolled oats... i like your style. Only thing is i'd add a few diced peppers for shits and grins.

Dude..I wanted to make a hab and pequin loaf with that but alas...Mrs. Blues will be eating it too. I should have made a wimp one for her and 220 volt one for me..dang..how did I f#@k that up?

Cheers, TB.

When the fatloaf is done I might...MIGHT...just roll some up with some pequins and coleslaw and make a BURRITO out of it!
In your face Passow!

: throws dog biscuit at Passow :

: spills shot on self :

: crys..wha.... :

Cheers, TB.

And now I present to you the "cheese fatloaf" in all it's cheezy meaty glory...My gal ate it with some garlic mashed pots on the side. Me? HAH! I sliced it and rolled it up on a flour tortilla with coleslaw and pequins.

Cheers ya'll, TB.

0172.jpg

TB: Oh you "Master Of The Retired And Reactivated Thread"! Nice Hackbraten!

IGGY: Please post a picture of a Ohio hippie in Lederhosen!

Armadillo said:
IGGY: Please post a picture of a Ohio hippie in Lederhosen!
Believe me, if I actually had a pair, I would not wear anything but them. I barrowed my cousin's outfit for a report I had to do on my hometown of Passow, Germany way back in 7th grade (long time ago when aliens and dinos walked the earth)...most comfortable thing I've ever worn.

*600 posts until 10,000.

texas blues said:

I dont know if I should laugh,shake my head, or drool. I think I'll do all 3 :lol:
I think you've been staring at that bacon weaved sausage meatloaf too much & needed 1 of your own :lol:

I'd just cut some slices off, slap it between some bread & add other stuff.

Back