• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Comfort Food?

CP...wings? Now we talkin' bro....I shoot a dash or two of soy sauce mixed with the rooster and melted butter and toss the wings and eat. Tasty chaos accomplished! Cheers, TB.

i need to stop coming to this website late at night. :lol: always wind up hungry when i probably shouldn't eat. technically..i've lost enough weight to not have to really be on a full diet now, but i guess i've done well so far, might as well keep it going. of course i'll have to binge here and there.

that rooster sauce is good stuff...i'm used to it in the jar rather than a squeeze bottle. haven't had it in a long time. i'd buy more, but i've already established a whole section in my grandmas fridge that is all hot sauce. :hell:

XG...do your thang' bro...good on you for the weight loss. Keep in mind that peppers and hot sauce increase metabolism...I know, I have lost 35 pounds in the last 6 months....while not all to eating peppers..it was most assuredly a factor. Cheers bro, TB.

i mainly just cut out all the junk food and fast food..drastically cut back on my beer intake and get moderate exercise. have lost about the same, about 30lbs. now i'm within the weight range for the navy and will be taking my PRT this month and should have (if all goes to plan) everything squared away by the end of the month. (FINALLY!) i figure i'll be good until i'm in, then there is no such thing as a diet anymore. :lol: i'll have to continue exercising which is something i wasn't doing before..so i should be fine.

Love Sausage and peppers -- I make a batch of my own sausage, sweet peppers, onions and potatoes then on mine I hit it with 10 and a mix o dried peppers I made --
Also love a Cheeseburg meatloaf -- yum

and Grandmas Chicken and Dumpling soup -- especially after shoveling her driveway -- damn I miss her

This looks like heaven...I can't WAIT to try it! I am addicted to the rooster sauce too. I usually buy it at the Oriental Store but I just found it at Target...mega cheap too!

Several roasted garlic cloves
1 Shallot
1/2 stick butter
3 tbs. flour
2/3 qt. heavy cream
Sundried toms to your liking
Mini Penne
Sriracha Rooster Sauce(optional

Pam said:
Shrimp and Grits

No pictures, because I usually only want it when it's really cold outside, but I make the grits with milk and chicken broth, stir in sautéed shrimp, peppers, and garlic, and top with fresh butter.
One of my favorite SC creations, Pam

CP..if you have to ask ....it's already too late! I'm stuck at 174 but still not a middleweight. Damn...no title shot for me yet. Must be that evil pizza I have been making. Cheers, TB.

tonights mac and cheese with pan fried chicken breasts(I ran outa propane)
100_1509.jpg

CP...Cast iron rules!! That mac rocks from the looks of it. The chix pic looks fine as well. Is there anythang' cheese can't do?
Cheers, TB.

Try this:
Cut the stem off a hab (without slicing it), poured melted 70% chocolate into it & sit it in the freezer to set for an hour. It was solid when I took it out so sliced it up into rings nice & thin & layered it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

bentalphanerd said:
Try this:
Cut the stem off a hab (without slicing it), poured melted 70% chocolate into it & sit it in the freezer to set for an hour. It was solid when I took it out so sliced it up into rings nice & thin & layered it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
:drooling:

Back