• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite pepper for hot sauce ..

All, some, and the other.

That would depend on what I want to eat with the sauce;) But if I only got to use one kind of chile for the rest of my life it would still be the Orange Habanero. You know how it is with your first love;)

How about you Nicole?

MrArboc said:
That would depend on what I want to eat with the sauce;) But if I only got to use one kind of chile for the rest of my life it would still be the Orange Habanero. You know how it is with your first love;)

How about you Nicole?

I am not sure! I know what I don't like but its a really hard question... I hate the cayenne sauces, not sure why it just taste funny to me. Not a fan of any peppers that are smoked.. Also, I think people can make two completely different sauces using the same pepper !

I wanted to see what you guys think bc its to hard for me to answer!

I make a lot of different sauces with different peppers so its very hard to say but Scotch bonnet sauces are usually among my favorites. I also really love smoked jalapeno chipotles although 90% of the chipotle sauces I've tried aren't great in my opinion so I usually stick to making my own.

So far, out of all of the various varieties I have tried, (just two!) I like Bahamian Goat Pepper the best....

Can't wait to try Scotch Bonnet and Fatalii, but still waiting for a ripe one!

i have to agree with Potawie. Scotch bonnets have a lot of flavour and are great for making sauce. Perhaps the red and yellow congos too.

I'd have to say fatalii or jamaican hot chocolate hab.I'm growing cili goronong this year and I'm envisioning a possible new favorite.

Personally I was dissapointed with the flavor of the Cili goronong yellow:( but I'm interested to here what others think of it

Thanks for ruining it for me Potawie!He he.I've heard alot of good things about these from a friend.He said they have a subtle tropical fruit like flavor.If the flavor isn't that great at least they look pretty damn cool,all twisted and contorted and such!!

I am growing a couple of plants now, they are very good producers,
so far no ripe fruits but I'll let you know on the taste, they should be ripening up soon.

MrArboc said:

I'm with you dude, orange hab is my prefered chilli for sauces.

Yellow 7-Pod, Hippies Y-7 Turkey Slap is to die for. Awesome in oysters kilpatrick, i would kill for them!

I am making a Yellow and Choc 7 pod sauce this afternoon. The base will be fresh mango and i will include
garlic, ginger,rice wine vinegar (just a little) and lime juice. I reckon 1/2 a dozen yellow's and 1/2 a dozen doogies should do the trick, should make about 400mls.

Another orange habanero fan here. Friend of mine is supposedly giving me a chocolate hab cutting. (woot! woot!) Hmm...I might have to shoot her an email to check on the progress.

Novacastrian said:
Yellow 7-Pod, Hippies Y-7 Turkey Slap is to die for. Awesome in oysters kilpatrick, i would kill for them!

I am making a Yellow and Choc 7 pod sauce this afternoon. The base will be fresh mango and i will include
garlic, ginger,rice wine vinegar (just a little) and lime juice. I reckon 1/2 a dozen yellow's and 1/2 a dozen doogies should do the trick, should make about 400mls.

Damn - that does sound fine!

Back