• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

favorite Favorite supermarket sauce?

Looks good, I ordered a bottle, thanks for the tip.

Hope you like it. I believe it's cheaper on amazon if you cant find it locally. Like $6.94. Of course shipping might add up if you don't have prime.

I recently bought a bottle of the Badia Habanero sauce and it is excellent. Best grocery store habanero sauce I have had so far.

I rank this higher than Marie Sharp, Melinda's, and el Yucateca .

Despite growing my own peppers and making sauces, I still buy sriracha by the case. I can't help it, it's my go-to sauce for everything. I feel like my own sauces are special and need special food but for everyday eats, sriracha is the bomb.

Despite growing my own peppers and making sauces, I still buy sriracha by the case. I can't help it, it's my go-to sauce for everything. I feel like my own sauces are special and need special food but for everyday eats, sriracha is the bomb.

My sentiments exactly! I lean towards Huy Fong's, but there's other good ones out there.

Do you make your own?

Reactions: Siv
My sentiments exactly! I lean towards Huy Fong's, but there's other good ones out there.

Do you make your own?

For me it's Huy Fong only - I've tried others but they just don't match up.

As for making my own, I don't think I'd be able to come close so I don't bother trying. I also like the consistency of the original and I think I would struggle to replicate that well. My sauces tend to be much thinner.

Wish it was something exotic or cool but Louisiana is my favorite. Lame ol Florida swamp boy.
Maybe...

I was confused for a sec because Yucatan Sunshine is a supermarket sauce. Popular too.

I recently discovered an AMAZING line of BBQ sauces at the market called Horseshoe Brand. They make hot sauces too but OMG the Original Barbecue Sauce, wow! I was looking for something not too tomato-y, not with an overwhelming molasses flavor, and no liquid smoke. This was the perfect sauce. They use chipotles for the smoke and don't even mention it is spicy on the label, meaning, yes, they are using them for the smoke flavor and the little bit of heat BBQ usually has. They also make spicy ones but this was spicy as well. Please try it! Sooooooooo effing good! All natural stuff and the ginger put it over the top (yet subtle). Trying the Hot soon and some of the hot sauces.

Note: It may be local to me and not in your markets, not sure. Hit them up online!

Back