• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest February Throwdown - Cast Iron Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you can use as many surfaces as you want as long as they are all solid surfaces, not grills, bbqs etc.

Solid surface kettle, pot, skillet, griddle, dutch oven, waffle iron, cornbread tin, muffin tin, comal, hearse(sorry that's a NW terminology, PM Scoville DeVille for definitions) , chicken pan, you-name-it~~~

as long as the surface is a solid cast iron surface, it qualifies. See Disclaimer Notes Below-

This post may be edited, quanitied, modified, extracized, or otherwise changed as The Boss, Mods or The Assistant deems necessary to fit into the parameters of the upcoming TD.

I further declare that I have no idea what The Boss actually has in mind for the cast iron throwdown. :D.

I'm guessing you can use as many surfaces as you want as long as they are all solid surfaces, not grills, bbqs etc.

Solid surface kettle, pot, skillet, griddle, dutch oven, waffle iron, cornbread tin, muffin tin, comal, hearse(sorry that's a NW terminology, PM Scoville DeVille for definitions) , chicken pan, you-name-it~~~

as long as the surface is a solid cast iron surface, it qualifies. See Disclaimer Notes Below-

This post may be edited, quanitied, modified, extracized, or otherwise changed as The Boss, Mods or The Assistant deems necessary to fit into the parameters of the upcoming TD.

I further declare that I have no idea what The Boss actually has in mind for the cast iron throwdown. :D.

tanks.....

Greg

Don't even waste the money for ingredients Greg. You won't need it. I already have this locked up.

Not to worry, I have all the ingredients..........except for the one that's being flown in...
You sound confident......cool!
As long as my methods of prep fall within the rule boundaries, I'll be into the thick of it

Oh, just kiddin about the fly-in.............hmmm

Greg

Between MGOLD, and now Geg's gonna wiegh in...

I think Ill be sitting this one out....

NOT.
heh heh heh
Glad you're going to make it Greg.

Between MGOLD, and now Geg's gonna wiegh in...

I think Ill be sitting this one out....

The big (?) is what will I be drinking this weekend.....Fri, Sat, Sun....and there's always "Superbowl Monday"....that's a tradition. I'll have to mix it up a bit to keep it interesting...........lol

good luck,

Greg

NOT.
heh heh heh
Glad you're going to make it Greg.

I had this great idea to use every single piece of CI I own for the throwdown....but then I dug it all out of the cupboards......(and I still forgot the waffle iron! )
822dd4bb.jpg

wok, 5 skillets, dutch oven, chicken pan, and the elusive waffle iron-
3a13bc88.jpg

84aecae1.jpg

Some of these I didn't even remember I had....so NEVER MIND THAT IDEA! Too much cooking and too much clean up!

Plan C is in the works~~~ 2 pans and the waffle iron :cool:

looks like we'll be busting out a stack.
Charcoal for heat.

How high can we go?????

Stay tuned.

And I don't mean high like you think!

Wow, someone feels they must use everything in the house to win. I don't have that problem.

Also G, I dont like the way the meds make me feel!!!! :dance: :party: :dance:

I'm workin' 3 pieces and can get it down to two if challenged, but I ain't letting go of my waffle iron!

it'sallgood~

ya'know`` .......... guess what! ............... THAT'S IT!

TWO PIECES! and one's a waffle iron...................

I call out my-
Waffle Iron and 11 3/4 INCH SKILLET for the full meal!

SLOFlo is still gonna have to bundle-

and I have a back-up-plan that can work with ONE piece.....you wanna see it????

sloflo's still bundling~~~~ there's been reports of Bear sightings in the area. Keep your items of concern out of reach of bears. this includes all body parts and any liquid libations. Round Tubs are suggested to be surrounded with tack-strips for maximum protection.

we'll see what they say when the sun comes up and their slo blood starts moving with the sun's rays.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back