smokers Finally, a Smoker I Can Call My Own

Walchit said:
Cant wait to see this sausage! I need to try my hand at some. And I'm pretty sure andouille is something ive never even seen, let alone tried.

Yummy stuff Andy, a course grind (RG may tsk-tsk me and say no, hand chopped!) savory addition to much that is Cajun, Creole and such. Up here in Lutheran Bland White Sauce Land they grind it pretty fine, likely for fear of frightening the locals, but my butcher will on occasion make me a special batch with a coarse grind...

I'll likely add some Chipotle or Aji Limo powder, I don't mind my Andouille biting back!!

Walchit said:
How course? Hand chopped sounds like it would be kinda weird lol. It seems like I remember seeing pics or a video of a sausage that had chunks of meat and rice or something in it.
This is close to what I want.
andouille-smoked-sausage.jpg

MikeUSMC said:
When*s this cow coming in?! :party:

Are we gonna see some pics for Memorial Day weekend? ;)

:cheers:

Waiting on it, Mike. These guys are swamped, but we had our animals picked out and Brad said two weeks (or so, his words were "a couple" :high: ), tomorrow will make it right at two....

You coming for brisket? I asked him to parse it into 5 lb. flat cuts and the point. My smoker is only 12 X 12...

Back