• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fire Angel Plant update

Plants are doing well, and even went outside yesterday for some supervised 80 degree weather.
had to alternate between sun and shade to keep them from cookin'.

The two tall plants are a Pusa Jwala Yellow and a Lemon Drop. They look "leggy" but that is just their growth habit. the short one is a fatalii.
fat.jpg

Next is two Trinidad perfume. (no leaf funk... just residue from a epsom/fish emulsion foliar feed)
perf.jpg

Still batting ZERO on Jimmy Nardello and Datil :(

I like your double-up system to prevent over-watering.

Nice job fire angel. What kind of fert mix are you using. glad you can can get those darn perfumes to work out for you. They take forever for me to sprout. Then i finally got one and it dampend off. Now im like paranoid everything is going to dampen off lol. I just planted some datils today lets hope i can getting a better percentage then you lol. How long you putting your plants outside (another thing im a little paranoid about)?

Hurry up and drink that beer it looks like it's getting warm. That fatalii is gorgeous. when I first starting growing peppers I thought chinense were slow and ugly, but that was just my impatience winning in my head. They have grown on me so much, they just look like pure evil, but oh so charismatic.

ExtremeBurn said:
They all look great! Nice work

Thanks EB... love your videos BTW!

kylestl said:
Nice job fire angel. What kind of fert mix are you using. glad you can can get those darn perfumes to work out for you. They take forever for me to sprout. Then i finally got one and it dampend off. Now im like paranoid everything is going to dampen off lol. I just planted some datils today lets hope i can getting a better percentage then you lol. How long you putting your plants outside (another thing im a little paranoid about)?

Fert mix.... I just add about a Tbs of Epsom salt and a Tbs of fish emulsion to a gallon of water, and water with that ever so often. I've been gardening so long, I don't really have any exact measurements anymore.
The perfumes and scorpions are my best growers! Must be the KS weather being so much like Trinidad ;)
My plants only go out when it's above 70 and NOT windy (or shield from wind). You still need to monitor them closely until they are aclimated to direct sun.

the lemon drop and fatalii are the only two I've had trouble with growing this year, out of 10 seeds each I only managed 1 lemon drop and 2 fatalii's...maybe it was the seed batch!!! anyhows, they're lookin gooood, how old are they Fire Angle?

tis' gonna be a hot time in Kansas this year...good lookin' plants Angel..

Well done Angel seems that you have used some wisdom in doubling up your cups,So easy to add an extra level/Or reservoir,Better Oxygen to them there Roots :)

Forget about the plants, that beer looks great! What kind of ferts are you giving it. :P

Dogfishhead is one of my favoriate brewers. And their World Wide Stout is tremendous! :)

Great looking plants Kim, years of gardening experience shows. My baccatums are the tallest and thirsty plants. How much longer till you plant out in Kansas?

Nice looking plants!

I double-cupped last year with a clear one on the inside so I could see the root growth and a colored one outside to shield the roots from light. This year I'm just doing one cup and putting them in 6-pack cupcake trays to deal with watering.

I saw a couple more ladybugs on my plants yesterday too. I hope they're reproducing as I type. ;)

OH GOD! WORLD WIDE STOUT!!! I LOVE THAT BEER!!! Move that green stuff out of the way so I can see the beer better.

:lol:

They look great Fire Angle, my Lemon's are leggy too, ur right, it's just how they grow.

JungleRain said:
the lemon drop and fatalii are the only two I've had trouble with growing this year, out of 10 seeds each I only managed 1 lemon drop and 2 fatalii's...maybe it was the seed batch!!! anyhows, they're lookin gooood, how old are they Fire Angle?
I got ONE out of 6 lemon drop :(
I think I got 11 out of 12 Fatalii! :)
I think all were planted the first week of Feb.

JJBagoose said:
Forget about the plants, that beer looks great! What kind of ferts are you giving it. :P
Dogfishhead is one of my favoriate brewers. And their World Wide Stout is tremendous! :)

The only fert I use is VERY weak epsom salt and fish emulsion.

I have ALL of the dogfish line in my cellar!!! 90 Minute is my favorite DFH offering.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Great looking plants Kim, years of gardening experience shows. My baccatums are the tallest and thirsty plants. How much longer till you plant out in Kansas?

I think most will go out the last week of April.

caroltlw said:
Nice looking plants!

Thank you.

imaguitargod said:
OH GOD! WORLD WIDE STOUT!!! I LOVE THAT BEER!!! Move that green stuff out of the way so I can see the beer better.

:lol:

They look great Fire Angle, my Lemon's are leggy too, ur right, it's just how they grow.

You would love it at our place... an entire cellar PACKED with rare beer, and my husband is wolverine!!
FREEEEK2.jpg

Fire Angel said:
I have ALL of the dogfish line in my cellar!!! 90 Minute is my favorite DFH offering.

Nice. A coworker had 2 of them sitting on his desk yesterday and I started complimenting him on his good taste in beer. Turns out he brought them to work cause his wife bought them for him and he hated it lol. So guess who got two 90min IPAs for free ;)

3363501214_acdf195811.jpg

Oh, and your husband looks like he could beat my ass with one hand blindfolded.

Back