• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First Attempt to grow peppers glog

LA 2 the Bay said:
I hope the last 2 survive and grow into big rocoto trees

Rocoto/manzano are the most susceptible to helmet head. Using a dome and keeping the humidity really high helps to soften the hardwood like seed shell. I always start extra's with pubes, knowing a certain percentage will suffer irreversible helmet head.

The shell was completely off the plant when I planted it in soil. Maybe I accidentally ripped it off.. on the plus side both the aji pineapple are in soil now, and I have 2 Jamaican hot chocolates in soil and one I am going to grow in my fish tank filter for a while

Ok so I amended another plot of soIL for more peppers and planted out. Goats weed, Hogleg X, chocolate hab, 2 Caribbean red hot, 2 Maya red hab...So far I have those and 7 bhut, 7 Padron love the taste of these, fatalii, red habanero, serrano tampiqueno, cubanellle, assorted tomatoes l, herbs 2 cucumbers, and a goji berry. Still have more to plant out

Wow! That's really coming together. Looking very good, Marlon. I may be able to kick ya a couple more starts in a week or two. 

Wow! That's really coming together. Looking very good, Marlon. I may be able to kick ya a couple more starts in a week or two. 
Thanks Hogleg I would appreciate that. Do plants grow ok in 2 gallon pots? Or is 5gal the minimum. picked up 2 really nice peach habanero at orchard today
It's kind of an addiction now:o

Epicfire said:
Ordering off ebay is a bad idea more times than not it is a scam. Did the person have good reviews?
The person had great reviews but I guess people review once they receive the seeds but not after they have grown them

So I went too look at the plants and the bhuts and carib red aren't liking the 75 weather the bhuts are a little yellow I hope they adjust no way I'm digging them out to replant

They are still adjusting to their new digs. Once they get their feet under them I bet they take off!

I hope so I'm excited to start making some spicey stuff. Also just like seeing the fruits of my labor

OK so some bhuts are losing leafs and look yellowish but it also has new growth on the stem that is green. Is this it's way of adjusting?

LA 2 the Bay said:
OK so some bhuts are losing leafs and look yellowish but it also has new growth on the stem that is green. Is this it's way of adjusting?

Yea the new growth will be hardened. And it will shed the leaves that couldn't take it.

Update the goatsweed provided by hogleg is getting new growth despite the sunburnt leafs

Padron is fruiting

The peach habanero is doing real well and healthy I have 2

The Carib red hot is a little curled but adjusting

I have seedlings in waiting for them to get bigger so I can harden and kick out. But their still small like 1 inch lol

OK so I hardened off the pequin and I had a nice one about 5 inches I come home and the top was bent and the leafs all wilted it was pretty much broken will it come back? I put the top in water to see if I can get some roots to grow out of it I still have more of them I hope they make it. Do you guys think the broken one will live?

Here are the other ones

LA 2 the Bay said:
OK so I hardened off the pequin and I had a nice one about 5 inches I come home and the top was bent and the leafs all wilted it was pretty much broken
It looks good to me. One nice big leaf to kickstart photosynthesis, and the small leaves look happy. It will likely grow shorter and squatter due to where the stem broke, and be slower to produce.

It looks good to me. One nice big leaf to kickstart photosynthesis, and the small leaves look happy. It will likely grow shorter and squatter due to where the stem broke, and be slower to produce.

I hope it grows quickly. I stuck the broken top into my aquarium filter it perked back up hope it grows roots soon.

Back