• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First time Fatalii

Well tonight I noticed a nice yellow/orange Fatalii just hanging out on one of my plants so I decided that since I grew it I would have to try it.... I must be a puss because that thing was HOT!!!! Probably the hottest pepper I have ever taken a bite of. As soon as I bit into it the burn started but it did have a tasty & interesting flavor. :mouthonfire: The burn lasted a good 20 minutes before it started to become tolerable.

Now I am scared because my Caribbean Red is doing really good and I hear those are hotter than Fatalii's. I made a promise to myself that if I grow it I will try it. I will worry about the Bhut Jolokia & Naga Morrich when the time comes.

Ya, fatali is so far my fave pepper.

Hotter than a 'normal' hab, but awesome fruity hab flavor.
Red Savina is overated, IMO. IDK about other Red Habs, they still growin'.

Oh, by the way Bhut/Bih/Morich ARE hotter yet...;)

Fatali is like at least 1/3 the total heat and no where near the burn time of a Naga IMHO.

I munch on fatali with fair impunity like i would a orange hab, not so with the naga. Eatng those is an investment in time and pain. ;)

I do enjoy a good Caribbean Red from time to time, but for my money it's the Fatalii for thw win. Much hotter and a great citrus like flavor.

I think we all agree the Fatalii is hotter and more flavor then the Caribbean Red but brother if you promised your self that you are going to try any ones you grew you are in for some fun with the Bhut and Naga. Good burn to you
Dan

LET IT BRUN

from what I have read here...fatalii = devils tongue?

This is all just one more reason for me to have to grow some fatalis. I can't wait! I may have to look up some seeds.:D

devils tongue I think are a typeof fatalii, slightly different colour (DT seem to ripen more orange than yellow) slightly different shape (generally) but honestly to someone not looking for the differences they just about identicle, certainly heat and flavour.

Thanks for the info letting me know that the Cab reds are not as hot as the Fatalii. I should be able to handle it. I have starte to get fruit on several of my plants so as soon as the first one of each ripens, gotta try it.

I have always been known to like a little pain with my pleasure...

westcoastangler said:
Thanks for the info letting me know that the Cab reds are not as hot as the Fatalii. I should be able to handle it. I have starte to get fruit on several of my plants so as soon as the first one of each ripens, gotta try it.

I have always been known to like a little pain with my pleasure...

I think most of us chiliheads are that way!:lol:

Back