• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Four Cotyledon

I've seen plenty of 3 cotyledon seedlings, never 4. Just sharing, here ya go:

fourcotyledons.jpg

This is a Naga Morich, it came up looking like a little palm tree.

Cheers!

I have a four cotyledon 7pot. It's forming it's first leaves currently and they're four as well. Suffice to say I will be nurturing this one!

It usually means an extra set of genes as in a polyploid. Keep the seed from that one there is a fair chance that the volatile oils will be stronger ie Hotter. Yee haa

I belive there are two sperm cells per pollen grain, one for the plant itself the other for the seed bits (like the cotyledons) so theres a chance the mutation was in the one sperm cell and the plant won't be any different than normal, but who knows... Keep us updated.

Sandgroper said:
It usually means an extra set of genes as in a polyploid. Keep the seed from that one there is a fair chance that the volatile oils will be stronger ie Hotter. Yee haa

I would like that. :onfire:

BTW I keep seeds from all my plants. If I'm not happy with a variety doesn't mean no one else will be. That ... and I'm a seed whore or as I prefer to call it: I have a pepper variety acquisition disorder. ;)

my_key said:
I have a four cotyledon 7pot. It's forming it's first leaves currently and they're four as well. Suffice to say I will be nurturing this one!

Here it is:
img_4421.jpg

7POD with 4 cotyledons making it's second leaf pair (first true leaves)
For people who like freak shows :)

Back