• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Free jar of my Marzano/Manzano pizza sauce. Contest

Hope I can post this here- wanted someone to win who would use it. Just post your favorite pizza topping and I will pick a random winner this weekend. 

Pizza sauce ingredient's: all from my garden
Roasted Marzano tomatoes
Roasted Manzano peppers
Roasted garlic
Roasted shallot
fresh oregano/thyme
Kosher
Malt vinegar

Sauce has great flavor with a kick

SmokenFire said:
arugula

It's unusual and good!  Never had it till a couple months back at a place in Chi called Spacca Napoli.  Great pie and cool story on the place.  
OMG I love that place!  Been there several times when I lived in Kenosha.  

My favorite topping is Pineapple!

Well, PIC 1 picked my choice- wild mushrooms, specifically wild harvested Morels!! Black truffles would be an equal indulgence on a white style pie with a super rich full fat cream sauce (truffle oil would work too, but the black-and-white speckling feeds the eyes first with the actual truffles). Chanterelles are killer as well- apricotty..is that a word?

So..I'll pick the best chestnut fed Iberico ham (I do love Prosciutto di Parma, but c'mon..I'm going all out here) you can get, lot's of lardo on it please and shave it thin and pile it high to melt into pools of liquid love.

Iberico is my pick, but if the above is too 'gourmet'- then it's a toss between slow roasted garlic in butter with plenty of sea salt, or the most basilfied pesto you can make! Then there are young sardines stuffed with caper berries and lemon wedges, grilled on an open flame...then you..Ok I'll stop.

ps. Just realized Morels look like brains- the 'Brainstrain' of the fungi kingdom..lol..

Thanks for the contest!

The sauce.If the pizza doesn't have a good sauce on it.Then all it really is to me, would be a big piece of bread in the shape of a circle with stuff thrown on it.Pizza without sauce just isn't right. 

Back