event FREE SALSA @ Jungle Jim's 3rd Annual Weekend of Fire, Aug 1 & 2, 2009

cajunheat said:
Hey...where is everyone staying (hotel)?

The wife's got family in Columbus, so I'm gonna be staying there that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Cons? The 90-minute drive to Cinci and no heavy drinking for me. Pros? I've saving $300+ in hotel costs. The pros...well, a singular pro has to win out this year for me.

I am with you Cajun Heat! I feel a bit sheepish going against some of those guys who have been doing this a great while and have exciting booths to offer. This will be out first TRUE Chilehead type show and its got me a tad nervous just thinking of ways to meet expectations, but then again, I know taste of products win out over showy booths. Except when it comes to DEFCON, they have both going for them. Good show and great product.

See you all in Cinci!!

Oh man, don't friggin' worry dude, wait until you get there, it's one huge party man, one huge party! You're gonna meet a bunch of very cool people, both on the blogger side as well as on the manufacturing side. It's a virtual pool of knowledge regarding the whole industry under one roof. Got questions, bring 'em! Believe me man, you're gonna have a great time, and the fun gets even better after the show is over each night and everyone heads out and hits the town.

Definately looking forward to it!!!! I will be there on Saturday! and am looking forward to meeting everyone face to face rather than on the puter!!!

racecitysauce said:
I am with you Cajun Heat! I feel a bit sheepish going against some of those guys who have been doing this a great while and have exciting booths to offer. This will be out first TRUE Chilehead type show and its got me a tad nervous just thinking of ways to meet expectations, but then again, I know taste of products win out over showy booths. Except when it comes to DEFCON, they have both going for them. Good show and great product.

See you all in Cinci!!

Fancy booth or not, it's the sauces I'm excited about. I'm stoked about meeting all of you.

racecitysauce said:

See you all in Cinci!!

I was even concerned about you! LOL It seems you've prgressed fairly well. I just don't seem to have time to much of anything. It's ok though, the g/f patted me on the head and reminded me that we're there to have fun. LOL

thehotpepper.com is a sponsor of WoF's Salsa Contest. This means... FREE Jar Of Salsa For You! Read on...
Buddah said:
This salsa contest started a few months back and now I am proud to announce the final 4 salsas judged to compete at the Weekend of Fire at Jungle Jim's International Market on August 1-2. When I say compete, what I mean is that YOU the chilehead will get to cast your vote to decide the ultimate winner in this competition to be declared the top overall salsa and reap the rewards that come with it. More on the rewards in a moment, but let me explain how YOU get to decide the fate in this salsa challenge.

Anyone going to the Weekend of Fire will get to sample all 4 salsas. You will have a ballot to vote, and if you mention that you heard it here, you will get a FREE jar of the salsa you vote on as long as supplies last. This is only for the first day, Saturday August 1st, because on Sunday the 2nd, we will announce the winner.

I would like to thank all the wonderful companies who participated in Jungle Jim's 1st salsa contest. Not everyone can win, but I found out how many great salsas are out there to be had. As you will see by the winning salsas below, it doesn't matter what region you are in, a good salsa can come from anywhere and by anyone. When we do this again next year, we might have even stiffer competition and a lot more salsas to consume. I do not think I have ever had so much salsa in a 2 month period than for this contest. It was worth it though. Thanks goes out to Jungle Jim's for letting me organize this for you and to my judges, (Scott Roberts, Joe Bowen, and Joe and Linda Levinson) who did an awesome job deciphering who had the best salsa. A special shout out to Bret Vitek who was the brains in making this possible. Thanks Bwana!

Here are the finalists in no particular order:
1- Big Orson's 'Citizen Cajun' Hot Mango Habanero Salsa (Georgia)
2- Marco's Not Yet Famous Medium Roasted Vegetable Salsa (Maryland)
3- Chuck Evan's Montezuma Brand Smokey Chipotle Lime & Garlic Salsa (Ohio)
4- Santa Fe Seasons' Grilled Garden Salsa (New Mexico)

These skilled salsa makers will have 5 cases(60 jars) of salsa purchased from them by Jungle Jim's International Market for the show. The public will decide who wins the grand prize. What is the grand prize you ask?

2nd Place:

- Jungle Jim’s purchases 5 more cases of the winning salsa.

1st Place:

- Jungle Jim’s purchases 10 more cases of the winning salsa.

- Winning company gets a free ad in Jungle Jim’s weekly newsletter for Labor Day weekend.

- Winning salsa will get a demo at Jungle Jim's the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

- A plaque to commemorate your success.

The Weekend of Fire show is a fun show, that I have gone to the last 2 years. Once the Saturday show is done you can march around the corner and witness the infamous Defcon Championship Deathmatch, (aka chicken wing eating contest for extreme chileheads). Whether you think you have the chops to participate or just want to watch the torture, it is fun for all. The Creator and his lovely Createss do not disappoint the crowd with this entertaining extravaganza. We will also have a huge dinner planned on Sunday night once all the booths have been taken down and stored safely in the vendors' vehicles. Everyone is welcome, chileheads and fiery food makers alike. Last year we dined with about 30 people and had a ball. On Monday, we travel north to CaJohn's Fiery Food Factory where there is an open house and a bbq feast for all who attend. No one has won more awards in this industry than them and you can see first hand how the factory is run and ask the man behind it all- CaJohn- anything.

I hope you put this on your calendar for things to do this summer because you won't be sorry. Well, it all depends on how much hot stuff you consume to determine whether you will be sorry or not. Please visit the Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire website for additional info and pictures from last year.

Eternally,
Buddah

Info about Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire
Weekend of Fire General Information:

Dates & Hours:
Saturday, August 1, 2009 - 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 2, 2009 - 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Jungle Jim’s International Market
5440 Dixie Highway
Fairfield, Ohio 45014

Phone Number:

Ticket Sales:
Advance: $5.00 Per Person
At the Door: $7.00 Per Person
Children Under 12: Free with Adult admission *
* Children MUST be accompanied by an adult!

Parking is Free!

I have had some bumps in the road and had every intention of being there, but the last 24 hrs is going to make it very hard on me to do the show despite having a hand in the salsa contest. I will do everything possible to be there. If I miss it, it will be because I am so financially strapped that I couldn't even afford to split a room 3 ways.

Congrats again to all the salsa contest winners. It is good to see some new vendors to the show. Race City and Marco I look forward to trying your great products. Cajun Heat, you sauce all ready rocked my world. I looked forward to meeting you. The show is a real fun show, especially with the after show antics. I have a room booked at the Holiday Inn with friends, and that is where many of us hung out once dinner was over and done with. Trying to outlast CaJohn and MSK is a huge task, but I stayed the course and have great memories for it. Man, I gotta be there again!:(

Back