event FREE SALSA @ Jungle Jim's 3rd Annual Weekend of Fire, Aug 1 & 2, 2009

Congradulations to the top 4 contenders!!!!! The salsa comp. was very difficult. So many fantastic salsas! Some of the best and worst I have ever tasted!! Marco..you keep making salsas that good and you'll be famous quicker than you know it!!! Again congrats to the finalists and a big thank you to all who entered for the great salsas and stiff competition!!!!!!!!

Dyce51 said:
Congradulations to the top 4 contenders!!!!! The salsa comp. was very difficult. So many fantastic salsas! Some of the best and worst I have ever tasted!! Marco..you keep making salsas that good and you'll be famous quicker than you know it!!! Again congrats to the finalists and a big thank you to all who entered for the great salsas and stiff competition!!!!!!!!

There's not much I can add. The salsa entries were all over the map, with vastly different kinds, ingredients, and textures. A few were like "WTF?" but there were many that were excellent (one of which was Marco's). All four of the finalists received very high marks from me, so whoever wins I feel will truly deserve it.:clap:

Can someone post the latest vendor list if they have the insider info?? It would be helpful to visitors. Thanks!

thehotpepper.com said:
Can someone post the latest vendor list if they have the insider info?? It would be helpful to visitors. Thanks!

I can't get in touch with them until Monday when they are back to work.

Thanks man!!! I got your email about it to, I appreciate it.

thehotpepper.com said:

2009 Vendor List:
Defcon

Who else do you need? Defcon will be there! :lol:

DEFCON Creator said:
Too funny man.

Strange thing is I can't seem to find the vendor list on Jungle Jim's site, kinda weird.

It could be that since they have a new person coordinating the WOF event this year, that they could be running a little behind.

Vendors list as of 3/27/09

CAPTAIN TOM’S
FLAMING JOE’S
CIN CHILE
INTENSITY ACADEMY
TAHITI JOE’S
BISUMMO
5 GEN BBQ
KENTUCKY GRILLING SAUCE
ROTHCHILD
BODINE FOODS
UNCLE JESTER
GLOBAL WARMING SALSA
SCOVILLE BROTHERS
CAJUN HEAT
GUNTHER’S GOURMET
MONTEZUMA
PEPPER’S
BUTTSHACK BBQ
SCOVILLE FOODS
LEE’S MUSTARD
CAJOHN’S
HOT SHOT’S
DEFCON
LITTLE JIMMY ITALIAN ICE
TEXAS CHOICE
PORKY’S
RACE CITY SAUCE WORKS
BIG DAWG
STADIUM SALSA
BLAIR’S
OLD RAYE
FIRE ON THE RIDGE
TORCHBEARER
GARDEN FRESH SALSA
THE EXTREME GOURMET
BWANA'S SAUCES
MAE PLOY

I am still awaiting the updated list. Jim Beckett, the man now in charge will contact all the blogs as I have given them the various contact info. It should be coming sooner than later, so please have patience. I know there are some new ones to that list. Not sure if Marco's is having a booth or just coming to represent his salsa in the salsa contest. I hope he has a booth, so we can check out all his sauces.

It is noteworthy, that because of the changes for the show, they are still taking newcomers to the show for under $200/booth. So if you have a company and want into the show, hurry fast while they still last. I am sure if you sell pepperoni sticks, it might be a blast at the show. Even t-shirts, paintings might stand out in the crowd. At the price for a 2 day event it is hard to beat. PLUS, anyone getting a booth at Jungle Jim's will also get their product put into Jungle Jim's International Market as well. Great news for all you beginnings out there. Just tell Jim, Buddah sent ya, and he will give you the hookup.

Bisummo is also out of the show unfortunately.

Ahruns Famous
Hotshots

Bald Eagle Foods
Intensity Academy

Big Orson's Sauce & Salsa
Jack Hammer Hot Sauce

Bisummo
Jim Dandy's BBQ

Blair's
Kentucky's Smokin' Grill

Bloggers
LHM

Bodine Etc.
Little Jimmy's Italian Ice

Buffalo Wings
Mae-Ploy

Buttshack Sauce
Miller's Mustard

CaJohns
OEC Bar

Cajun Heat
OEC Food

Cajun Islands
Ole Ray's Sauces

Captain Thom's Chili Pepper Co.
Pepper's

Chile 's Fire Pit
Porkey's Gourmet Foods

Chuck Evans Montezuma
Race City Sauce Works

Cin Chili & Company
Rib City BBQ

Confetti Peppers
Sauce Goddess

Crazy Uncle Jester's Inferno World
Scoville Brothers

Defcon Sauces
Stadium Salsa LLC.

Don Sabrosa
Tahiti Joes Hot Sauce

Fire on the Ridge Farm
Texas Choice

Five Generations
The Alpha Group

Flaming Joe's
The Bilox Cajun

Frontera
The Extreme Gourmet

Global Warming Salsa Co.
Torchbearer Sauces

Gunther's Gourmet

Quite a few newbies, which is a good thang. I must recommend the Crazy Uncle Jester chocolate hot fudge sauce(forgot the name). My product of the year nominee. It is so good on ice cream, but quite evil in it's creation.

Just to let anyone who is an inspiring fiery food maker know that there is still some booth space left at the show, and if you want a booth it is still only $175. PLUS, you will get your product bought and sold at Jungle Jim's long after the show is over. An incentive for anyone looking to sell their product. PLUS, this from Jim Beckett who is in charge of the show:

"Oh and for our vendor partners let’s not forget the Friday night cocktail party at The Oscar Event Center featuring an open bar and complimentary appetizers beginning at 5:00 p.m., or the continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings in the Oscar meeting room.

Some new additions to the show (including the salsa contest) include having four portable restaurants set up in front of The Oscar Event Center during show hours selling BBQ food and roasted peppers and a brand new Harley Davidson Bike sitting in the main entry way! The infamous Defcon Hot Wing Eating Contest at Buffalo Wings and Rings will begin about 7:00 on Saturday Night along with a wrap-up dinner at Papadeux’s Restaurant on Sunday night. Wow, what a power packed week end of fire!! Looking forward to meeting all of you on August 1st and 2nd .
"

There isn't one show out in the Fiery Food industry that is trying to make their vendors happy like Jungle Jim's is. I give them a lot of credit in trying to make their show bigger and better. So if you were hedging or not to go to this show, think no more, it will be en event worth going, as well as before and afterward.

Pass the word along to your favorite vendor, and let's make the list below grow!

thehotpepper.com said:
Ahruns Famous
Hotshots

Bald Eagle Foods
Intensity Academy

Big Orson's Sauce & Salsa
Jack Hammer Hot Sauce

Bisummo
Jim Dandy's BBQ

Blair's
Kentucky's Smokin' Grill

Bloggers