• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Frost predicted tomorrow night

Not willing to take a chance all the pots are moved in groups. They will get well watered and covered tomorrow night. I know we will get warmer weather later but I have LOTS of green peppers on them I don't want to lose. Hopefully it works!!!

Same here...I'm just going to let it ride and see what happens. Even if 100% of whats left outside died I still have 2 years worth of peppers from the past few months!

Fingers crossed...

Frost that soon? :shocked: Wow.. That's early in my book. Is it normal to have frost that early in your area? we still have a couple months here.. Not looking forward to that day either. Good luck guys.
Brandon

In IL we're still typically in the 50's at night, this is just one of those rare events that will push it into frost temps for 1 or 2 nights then it will be back to normal for the next 3 - 5 weeks. Last year i was picking peppers until the end of October.

Frost here Thursday night aswell. Might be a hard winter here. Some people are predicting and the winters here are bad enough as it is.

Man than stinks about the weather :neutral: . I have a while til I worry about the cold :clap: How is your Aphid problem? I have been fighting them alot lately and it looks like the ladybugs are coming to the rescue! :dance:

Chicago's weather is so unpredictable, the closer you live to Lake Michigan the warmer the air temp is as winter approaches, last October we had threats of inline frost warnings, when the local T.V. forecast calls for 30% chance of a frost warning that actually means 30% of the "Actual Viewing Area" can expierence frost while the other 70% won't.
No guarantee where I live, it's a large viewing area.
So...what occured was a "Fog Frost", locally we had early morning fog, but as I traveled west on I 80 just outside the city there was the fog/frost, I've never seen anything like it. the rural landscapes seemed like they were "primered white", pretty surrealistic, unfortunetly my sis who lives about an hour west of me lost alot of her veg.plants,....mine surrived, ....sorry for the run on ,... hope everyone fairs well here in Illinois.......Greg

Good luck to your Northerners. Cover them up and keep on growing. This appears to be a rare double whammy cold front - and it is way early.

I am so bummed out about doing now what I did last year at the end of October and into mid November. It is still technically summer and frost?!?! This sucks. Tomorrow I plan to hit up some goodwills for possibly some cheap bed sheets because I have way too much to cover and not enough sheets. Anyone know of a place to get bed sheets for really cheap? Thanks.

Man than stinks about the weather :neutral: . I have a while til I worry about the cold :clap: How is your Aphid problem? I have been fighting them alot lately and it looks like the ladybugs are coming to the rescue! :dance:

If you reffering to me then my Aphid problem is cured. Thank god.

Chicago's weather is so unpredictable, the closer you live to Lake Michigan the warmer the air temp is as winter approaches, last October we had threats of inline frost warnings, when the local T.V. forecast calls for 30% chance of a frost warning that actually means 30% of the "Actual Viewing Area" can expierence frost while the other 70% won't.
No guarantee where I live, it's a large viewing area.
So...what occured was a "Fog Frost", locally we had early morning fog, but as I traveled west on I 80 just outside the city there was the fog/frost, I've never seen anything like it. the rural landscapes seemed like they were "primered white", pretty surrealistic, unfortunetly my sis who lives about an hour west of me lost alot of her veg.plants,....mine surrived, ....sorry for the run on ,... hope everyone fairs well here in Illinois.......Greg

I wish that was true. Traverse City is on Lake Michigan and it snows constantly from Nove/Dec to the end of March and its an odd day if themps get above 36/38 in that time :crazy: :D

I wish that was true. Traverse City is on Lake Michigan and it snows constantly from Nove/Dec to the end of March and its an odd day if themps get above 36/38 in that time :crazy: :D

Chicago's on the far southwest portion of the lake, believe it or not the water temperature is the warmest in Sept/Oct not May thru August, small storm systems tend to break up before hitting the city high/low pressure mix, and it is true the lake front temperature in the winter is ususlly 6 to 8 degrees warmer than at both our airports which are 10 to 20 miles inland :)......no need for snow making equip. on the slopes?.......hmm

Back