• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Funky Orange Habs

QuadShotz

Banned
Well, I picked up a bag of habs on the way back from the concert.

They are soo weird though...they almost look like Bonnets with evil faces...teehee.

Pics:

S6301299.JPG

They really have strong hab smell/flavor too..much more so than the usual ones I've found at stores.

Rockin' Habs, eh?

Think I'll save seeds and see what happens. :-)

-QS

Oh yeh...I see the evil looking faces :shocked: They almost look like Trolls cross bred with an Elf...:lol:
Keep us updated on their taste.

An update...damn these things are weird..and HOT.

Check this out...

Unlike most OH I've seen, they have under 10 seeds in an odd formation and you actually can see nice pools of capsaicin. :shocked:

S6301369.jpg

Most definetly so. :D

They sure don't look like any store habs I've seen before around here.
You bet I'll save soem seeds though..heheheh.

QuadShotz said:
Most definetly so. :D

They sure don't look like any store habs I've seen before around here.
You bet I'll save soem seeds though..heheheh.

Chiliac is being a gent quad..as for me SEEDS SEEDS SEEDS GIMME GIMME..right me done :oops:

You should be ashamed of yourself and you know it!!!

...but if it helps you getting any seeds, I'd be happy if you'd share them! :)

Heh, I hava bag of the chiles, but it remains to be seen how many seeds come out if it. They don't seem to have many and a good number of seeds are bad like you see in that pic. A real PITA trying to get seeds out as the pepper is just so full of flesh inside.

I'll see how many I get though. If I have enough I don't mind sharing. :)

Figures, the fun peppers came from Idaho....

-QS

Best part was the price...

S6301393.JPG

More pics of the lot (i've used maybe 6-8 of 'em already)
S6301401.JPG

As you can see, some look pretty normal, while others are really twisted.

Bummer I was rather smashed at the time, or I woulda bought lots more. It's not like I get to Idaho much.

I've never seen ones like this here. :(

Quad, that looks almost exactly like the strain I'm growing, and the description fits, as well. My phone camera stinks on ice, but my habs have pretty much the exact shape, and you can smell them from across the room when you cut one open.

I got my initial plants from a greenhouse near Bradford PA, but I don't know where he bought the seeds from. Small plant but very prolific, and yeah, just a wonderful hab smell and taste to them.

Edit for: I'll have to take a closer look on the inside and see how similar the internal structures are.

Here's a pic of the last batch showing great variety in both shape and colors.
The ones on the bottom seemed like good examples. See how Bonnet shaped some are?

S6301412.JPG

But they are orange...mostly

And some are normal while other are so twisted you can barely recognise them. Now if these were grown commercially as they surely were...wtf happened there..lol

All I know is they are great habs and for $7.99/lb.

-QS

Back