• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Funky Orange Habs

Wow, I hope so, that'd be awesome. Aren't they yellow though?

SCOTCH BONNET BURKINA
http://www.thechileman.org/results....ny&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search

They don't quit seem like SB Big Sun either.

It could just be a fluke I guess...some look like Peach habs, some like Bonnets, and some just like rly twisted OH's.

Unfortunatly, when I was there no produce folk were aroudn to ask where they got 'em from.

I'll try calling though. I like a good mystery. :)

Definetly saving seeds. ;)

I'd wondered why there were so few seeds, and in such a weird arrangement..all up top of the pepper and less than 15 seads each at best.

I'll try starting some so can see what leaves look like and all.

Thx folks!

~QS

Skydiver said:
Quad, that looks almost exactly like the strain I'm growing, and the description fits, as well. My phone camera stinks on ice, but my habs have pretty much the exact shape, and you can smell them from across the room when you cut one open.

Yeah man, even in the fridge and in a plastic bag non-cut, you can smell them. Scary peppers. :-D

I'm growing Burkina Yellow, here are mine. Please excuse the bad photo, it's because of the sun in England :shocked:

21082008334.jpg

Hmm, those do look similar. Thx RB!

Are some more Bonnet-like and twisty like mine?

Hmm, Mark's Db has a diff pic than other sites, except http://www.petterssononline.com/habanero (which has another awesoem chili Db).

Odd why they are called 'yellow' if they aren't.

Damn, I'm eating only a 1/2 of one minced up in my mayo/mustard for a ham & cheese sandwich and while not so hot in the mouth, they are making my cheeks sweat and actually feel like they are burning. An odd feeling.

Also can feel them all the way down...Yikes.

These are around Savina/Fatali hot I'd say.

The hab flavor is intense too and not as sweet/fruity as most habs.

Love these things...

-QS

Ya Talas, they do resemble those too.

I'll bet they are a mongrel chile, or as THSC said..a growers grab-bag of kinds in order to make a shipment..;)

All I know is they are great peppers. :)

QuadShotz said:
Ya Talas, they do resemble those too.

I'll bet they are a mongrel chile, or as THSC said..a growers grab-bag of kinds in order to make a shipment..;)

All I know is they are great peppers. :)

Yes you see these over here to see lots of peppers..with funny names seen a Comet Jalapeño the other day from local supermarket grown in Guadeloupe so your right you never no what they throw in and call it what it says on the shipment :)

rainbowberry said:
I'm growing Burkina Yellow, here are mine. Please excuse the bad photo, it's because of the sun in England :shocked:

Are you sure it's much different from the American or the German sun?

*attacks with a +1 to hit Naga*

Pepper Spray

A chemical irritant that can temporarily blind a target, pepper spray comes in a single-shot container. To use it, make a ranged touch attack against the target. The target must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 15) or be blinded for 1d4 rounds. Pepper spray is limited to 5 range increments.

Oh, and the peppers go nicely on pizza...

S6301434.JPG

Sorry, I tend to drown my pizza in cheese, but they are in there...heheh.

Still find it odd how the chile burn is right in the face and cheeks more than anywhere.

This'll show just how ORANGE these things are.

Dried some:
S6301610.JPG

Powderized:
S6301616.JPG

How's that for color eh?

The "habby smell" is insane on these bad boyz. It's like double as strong as generic O-Habs.

Crazy azz chiles. :)

-QS

Those I just cut in half, blotted dry, then air-dried between paper towels under my grow floros. It's around 80-85 undere there and so took a couple days.

Turned out pretty good though for an experiement. :)

Back