• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

I bought both jays ghost scorps last night. The peach and the red.
The Trinidad Brown scotch bonnet came from Judy @ pepperlover.
I had a giant white hab come up this morning. That means I will get to compare it against the white 7 pot. Yea!
so that means there is still hope for the others too!
I think I'm trying to grow 5 white varieties.

Best of luck Brent! Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks, Jason! Awesome about the Giant White Hab. I was a bit surprised when I saw what Duffy wrote about it and the White 7. I too have both growing, so we have a 2 x 2 matrix to compare!

Thanks, Jason! Awesome about the Giant White Hab. I was a bit surprised when I saw what Duffy wrote about it and the White 7. I too have both growing, so we have a 2 x 2 matrix to compare!
I hope they are different. Maybe ours will be different for both, adding to the fun.

Your nonstop huh buddy! Keep goin man, cant wait to see you final plant out! Gonna be insane.
Nonstop? I feel like it! I can't wait till i can plant out! Hoping insane describes it. Your grow is not too shabby either!
Thanks for the comment!

Smashing list you have there. We too are going to be growing a variegata and a pequin this season but not in our main crop, these two beauties will be going in the living room. My wife's idea not mine...she's cool! :P

Love the pics of the pepper mountains on your table, amazing colours.

Will be following you grow

Good luck for 2013

Smashing list you have there. We too are going to be growing a variegata and a pequin this season but not in our main crop, these two beauties will be going in the living room. My wife's idea not mine...she's cool! :P

Love the pics of the pepper mountains on your table, amazing colours.

Will be following you grow

Good luck for 2013
Thanks and best of luck to you too.
The variegata is quite beautiful. Glad your growing it too.
Definitely one to keep the misses happy. I thought the pods tasted good.
The pod mountain was the last haul as old man winter came it. Pulled anything that looked like it would ripen inside. Left hundreds of immature pods and the first freeze took everything out defoliating all.
Can't wait to get to planting again.
Thanks for stopping by.

Looking good there GA Growhead. We are approaching autumn fast here in africa. Which is great news for you guys in the North! Not long now...

Looking good there GA Growhead. We are approaching autumn fast here in africa. Which is great news for you guys in the North! Not long now...

thank you! Oh... i can't wait till i can play in the garden again.

So today hasn't been the best day.

I tried to find another heat mat to germ more seeds locally, but no luck. Looks like im ordering one on line. There was a ray of sunshine in my quest. I found these.
13599303855601.jpg

Something i wanted to add, but kept forgetting. I love the giant marconis that i have been growing for a few years. My favorite sweet pepper. So excited to grow those!

Only new spouts up are an aji pineapple and a butch T.

Here is a pict from last week i ment to post already.

So everyday at lunchtime, i have to make a choice. I try to make lunch my biggest meal of the day. I read that before electricity and the industry revolution, that was the norm. Breakfast. Big lunch. Then something small to eat before night fall. So i unintentionally was doing this when i was working a 2nd shift position, lunch being at dinner time. And i just kept doing so once i transitioned to 1st shift. I also tend to eat dinner late, so its probably better for me that i eat something light or small. But back to my point...
At lunch time, i have this decision to make everyday of the week.
13599303679570.jpg

Which powder to use? The red, brown, or yellow mix? :crazy:

Also gotta show the tee my daughter got me for xmas. She knows her daddy.
13570989790950.jpg

Take care everyone.

Peri, im all about the grains, cereals, pastas and breads. Don't eat alot of meat but i do love me some fish. Some chicken/turkey. A good steak every now and then too. I could eat bean and rice everyday. Love them veggies too! Im strange like that. Matter of fact, i don't put dressings on salads, or any condiments on food. Except for some chili powder or hot sause. :)
some people find me very strange at the dinner table.

Got my heat mat in today. Rearranged, set it up and plugged it in.
Be starting some more seeds tomorrow!

Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to come to this Glog. You have an incredible grow list, and it looks like the seeds are sprouting up like popcorn!

+ 1 with Stefan and that Tee shirt is my envy. My daughters just complain that when they kiss me their lips start burning. :rofl: :rofl: BE OFF ME THEN DAMNIT. They only kiss me when they want something anyways so stay away... :rofl: :rofl: Powders look delicious and I am with Shane ...... Use em all....

MORE SEEDS! That a boy!
Haven't stopped yet. Just bought some more seeds too. Looks like i now have everything that i wanted to grow this year. All these seeds just need to pop! Still waiting on about thirty or more.

Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to come to this Glog. You have an incredible grow list, and it looks like the seeds are sprouting up like popcorn!
What's up Stefan! Glad to have you. The list has grown a bit too. Will need to update it at some point. They are popping, but never fast enough!

+ 1 with Stefan and that Tee shirt is my envy. My daughters just complain that when they kiss me their lips start burning. :rofl: :rofl: BE OFF ME THEN DAMNIT. They only kiss me when they want something anyways so stay away... :rofl: :rofl: Powders look delicious and I am with Shane ...... Use em all....
Lol Pia. I love the shirt. I was impressed that see came up with that. She's a smart cookie. The only mouth i burn is my wife's and she is usually not happy about it when it happens. My son is going to college now so i know all about that "only when they need something" thing. Thanks for stoping in.

Ok. Have a few new guys up. My first JHC broke the surface. Some more aji pineapples, yellow 7s, more 007s. Some choc big bangs. Another mustard hab. Some mystery c. Chinese. Some more various ghost/bhuts. And red douglahs. So slowly but surely.
after the rearrange ... with two pads. Going to start a few new things and some things that haven't popped that i cant go without. So set up this smaller tray with peat pellets and some extra rockwool cubes i had handy.
13602105165162.jpg

Not enough time to put seeds in tonite as planned, so i will doing that tomorrow. But gives it plenty of time to warm up.

Here are the two germination trays in their new position.
13602104707910.jpg

And if you peek around the corner...
13602104923331.jpg

Still being slack and haven't built the permanent home, but i do have the plans worked out. Just need to find the time.

Glad to hear you got another heating pad, Jason. Local or online? Looks like room for quite a few more recruits. Awesome!

Glad to hear you got another heating pad, Jason. Local or online? Looks like room for quite a few more recruits. Awesome!
Could not find one locally. So ordered one online. Scored the golden Marconi's that day though! That was worth it!

I started some stubborn seeds, as a back up plan. And of course the next day a few of those are standing. So now will probably have extras. Not a bad problem to have.
Also start some Jay's ghost scorps, red and peach. And some orange thai too.
I have two more additions on the way, making this season perfect by being able to grow everything i wanted to. And a few extras even! That i kinda wanted to.
Just hope everything will hurry the hell up and spout!

Also was gifted some powders from Shane (stc3248). That has made all my meals better since. Shout out to Shane! Thank you again!

And here is what i have standing variety wise. Not sure on exact totals of each right now.

Yellow brain red pheno
Yellow brain
TS moruga blend
Datil
Mustard hab
Red hab
My og ghost
Giant ghost
Red bhuts
Yellow ghost
Mystery c. Chinese
Red douglah
Bishop crown
JHC
trin cherry
TS sweet
Tobago treasure
7pot yellow
TS cardi yellow
SB brown
Blonde (blondie - spelling?)
7 pot yellow LRG
TS red
7 pot jonah
SBxTrin congo
SB TFM
SB papa joes
SB p. dreadie
Bombay morich
7 pot 007
7 choc barrack
Giant white hab
Sunrise trin scorp
Brown egg
Choc big bang naga
Douglah (peter@semillas.de)
TS yellow moruga
Aji pineapple
CGN 232558
A different datil
7 pot infinity
7 pot bubblegum
bali naga

When i took a quick count, around 115 seedlings. And about 28 stubborn varieties.

Everyone take care. Im calling it a night.

I found that time! From 3-5am! Hard to harvest it though!
i worked second shifted for a while, and those were prime hours of productivity. But not anymore. :(

Nice list! Will be watching this glog to see how massive the grow becomes!
Thanks megamoo! Trying to out do last years for sure!

Back