• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GA GH's Garden 2013

Seeing people already starting seeds gave me the bug. & I just didn't think watching our southern hemisphere friend's grows was going to fill that void. As my season comes to an end, i needed to do something. What? I am not sure, but here i am.
13527733215891.jpg

Say hello to orange primo from peter@semillas.de

Note: Updating this thread verses creating a new one. Growlist for 2013's outside down below

Wow...that's a bunch of sprouts! Hahaha...fun problem to have trying to get them apart. Great job on the germ buddy!

Looking good Jay, I'm growing Douglahs for the first time this year, and they're some of my fastest growers for Chinense. Good luck with your grow!

Wow...that's a bunch of sprouts! Hahaha...fun problem to have trying to get them apart. Great job on the germ buddy!

Looking great! Another cot forest!

It does remind me of a forest! Awesome job J! Theres like a billion sprouts there. Hope you got some time this weekend! :party:

Thanks everyone. I don't mind separating them. I kind of enjoy it. They may take a week to recover if the get shocked, but most young plants dont even notice. I try to be gental!
I also try to keep any and all. You never know if one of the bunch will be specially different, being a mutant color or just hotter or more productive.
I haven't gotten anything done. My father has been battling cancer. Then after his last treatment, while being really weak, he had a stoke. Then caught pneumonia during the rehab from the stoke. I got a call on Saturday and left work (weekend overtime) as he wasn't doing good and they were not sure he was going to make it thru the night. I just back tonite, he was doing much better today. They got the pneumonia under control for the moment. But not givening him much longer as the cancer has spread and aggressively attacking. I am just glad he was better today. Atleast coherent and talking verus yesterday.

The other bad news is my devil tongues white. Like Brent, struggling with them. Friday nite came home to this.
IMG_20130222_220436.jpg

Death by birth? So at the least, i can say i had one germinate.

And the good news is tonight i came home to a few new spouts. To name a few...
Peach Jay's ghost scorp, yel devil's tongue, another red Jay's, my douglah long pheno from last season, a few more trin scorps, moruga scorp blends, more 7 yellow LRGs, another madballz, and im sure something else. Oh yeah, finally a bahamian goat!

They only things not up at all are orange trin scorps, green trin scorps, bhut Copenhagen oranges, choc bhuts, and jellybean white habs.
Haven't given up on the others yet, especially the choc bhuts. They took forever last year too.
Will be thinking about the annuums soon.
When i find time, or better said, when i can make time to build out, i will start all them.

Looking good Jay, I'm growing Douglahs for the first time this year, and they're some of my fastest growers for Chinense. Good luck with your grow!
Thank for the wishes. I only had one douglah that was brown last season, the other two grew out red. So this season i have douglahs from last years brown pods, which grew a longer pod shape, from pepperlover stock, and plant from the original seeds pack plus a new pack from Judy too. And then some from Peter @ semillas.de. So going to have a small douglah section. Plus growing a few of the red pheno from last season too.

I'm glad your dad was at least doing a bit better and they got the pneumonia under control. My daughter is battling a brain tumour, and I know how rough the ups and downs are. Hang in there.

I'm glad your dad was at least doing a bit better and they got the pneumonia under control. My daughter is battling a brain tumour, and I know how rough the ups and downs are. Hang in there.

Thanks Stefan. Unfortunately he slipped into a coma Sunday night. I see it as his body taking control and doing what is best for him at this point. It is rough. But with the cancer taking it's toll, maybe it's for the best.

Your daughter is sweetheart btw! i envy your strength. Thanks for the kind words.

Wow man that is def saddening. My prayers go out to you and your family bud! :pray: Hang in there and if you need something just holler! Them DTW's are a troubling strain. I went 2 for 2 on em but they are barely doin a thing man. Best wishes!!

On the postive side...i have a choc bhut coming up.
I did a count of what i have up and standing. Turns out my wild brazils and bonda ma Jacques are no shows too.
Total count of seedlings/plants is 208 at the moment. I have a couple extras in there that i won't be keeping. But i am happy with the numbers i am seeing.
i bought more lights to expand for all the peppers new homes. Bought T-5 HO two bulb strips from Homedep. Can't wait to hook them up. and also a T-8 two bulb strip for supplemental lighting. so im ready to build when i can.
I also gave the spouts in coir their first feeding. was long over due. can see lots on growth.
Here is a few picts...

13619368684653.jpg

13619368547902.jpg

13619368408431.jpg

and these from the second tray in peat pellets ...

13619368248620.jpg

Wow man that is def saddening. My prayers go out to you and your family bud! :pray: Hang in there and if you need something just holler! Them DTW's are a troubling strain. I went 2 for 2 on em but they are barely doin a thing man. Best wishes!!

Thanks for the prayers Jamison. i hate to be such a bummer. im trying to be strong. there is so much more that i haven't told that is making this even harder than it is. it just sucks.

i think im done with the chinese. Brent is going to give me one last shot at those WDTs. Just told me a few were on the way. i might throw a few of the last remaining seeds of the others with them or not. it will be a good year anyway with what i do have. and time to start the annuums soon too! thanks again my friend.

and Thanks Brent! gotta shout out to ya!

First jellybean white hab finally coming up today. So that means i will have white 7, giant white hab, Peruvian white hab, and the jellybean white hab. And the DTW nub is turning somewhat green. If it grows a leaf i will be shocked. i have had two 7 choc barrakpores come up all deformed like they are still in a membrane from the seeds or the leaves grew fused together all around being closed up. the first one i finally clipped the top off to see if there was leaves inside and it dried up and i thought it was done for. But today there is a little leave growing out of the top of the stem. I clipped the second one on top to see if it will do the same. so... i have not given up on the WDT for that reason but im not betting on it. Time will tell.

Looking good man... nice healthy seedlings. I am told that planting seeds deeper will reduce the chance of helmet head. Will put that to the test next season as I too suffered the same problem this season. Especially Naga Viper and White Habs for some reason.

Since i was talking white pods... i should mention having two blonde seedlings also. baccatum!

Looking good man... nice healthy seedlings. I am told that planting seeds deeper will reduce the chance of helmet head. Will put that to the test next season as I too suffered the same problem this season. Especially Naga Viper and White Habs for some reason.

Thanks for the comment Peri. Seedlings are really starting to take off. Im quite excited seeing a difference from day to day. i really haven't had a seed helmet problem. i had a few grow straight up seeds and all. i just think those ended up being vertical and the tap root pushed them straight up, seed still on. The WDT came to the surface as pictured. Like it broke its neck coming out of the seeds. Never seem this happen to me before. Hoping the color changing to green will be more than just a green stem without leaves. The 7 choc barrakp is another thing i have never seen.
Will try to get a decent pict of these mutant misfits tomorrow.

I was also sent three piquin plants, dug up from Texas. They today came from an aunt in-law. Was quite surprised to open a box and see them, as i had no idea. i planted them into pots and took a few picts to share. So will upload those tomorrow too.

Everyone take care & good nite from the Ga

Sorry to hear about your dad...lost a few friends to cancer the past couple years. So sad we can't ever get it all figured out. The struggle patients have to go through with all the terrible treatments...

Live plants from Texas! Can't beat that! I lived in South Tx most of my life and wild peppers were everywhere. Can't wait to retire and go down and walk some fence lines to collect some seeds. I had several no shows this year...and will still have a hard time keeping my grow to the limits discussed with mama before the season started. I have had way to many cool seeds show up to not try to pop a few! Good luck on your no shows...and more importantly take care of your family during the hard times brother.

Sorry to hear about your dad...lost a few friends to cancer the past couple years. So sad we can't ever get it all figured out. The struggle patients have to go through with all the terrible treatments...

Live plants from Texas! Can't beat that! I lived in South Tx most of my life and wild peppers were everywhere. Can't wait to retire and go down and walk some fence lines to collect some seeds. I had several no shows this year...and will still have a hard time keeping my grow to the limits discussed with mama before the season started. I have had way to many cool seeds show up to not try to pop a few! Good luck on your no shows...and more importantly take care of your family during the hard times brother.

Thanks shane. Unfortunately my father passed yesterday. Atleast he will not have to go thru the end battle with the cancer.
Dealing ok. i have good friends and family. That helps.

Thought i should post the picts i took... so here they are.
This is my box from Texas. :)

13621100014240.jpg

I sprayed them with water ad soon as i saw what was inside. they were way dry.

13621102739263.jpg

13621102874534.jpg

and planted them in temps homes.
13621102980595.jpg

And here is my DTW with the green stem. Doom or Bloom? what you think?
13621104226182.jpg

I have a third Jay's peach ghost scorp coming up.
13621103950200.jpg

This the first up 7pot choc barrackpore. I leaning towards fuse cotys. i pinched it hope there were leaves inside, but it dried up and fell out. then out of nowhere a leaf!
13621103404356.jpg

And this the second up that came up the same way. i just pinched the top last night. hoping that will fix it.
13621103538587.jpg

And more plants!
13621104363803.jpg

Thanks again shane.

on that last pict. top right, just beside that leave you can see my first Bhut orange Copenhagen hooking! Was really going to be bummed if i didn't end up with one of them this season. It is suppose to be stable and has an interesting shape, and have read that it has an orange taste. That's a lot of hype! Glad i will find out for myself.

Sorry to hear about your father GH. My prayers to you and your family. Seedlings look good and healthy

Thanks Pia. He is in a better place now.

Back